Forest Minish, or Forest Picori, are characters that appear within The Minish Cap. As their name suggests, they are Minish who live within forest areas, particularly in the Minish Village. These tiny creatures can be found outside throughout the village, as well as within small huts.
Given that they are Minish, Link is only able to see or speak with them when he himself is in Minish form. The Forest Minish gives Link various hints and clues throughout his journey, some of which are required to complete the game.
Early in the game when Link first encounters the Forest Minish, he is unable to properly communicate with them. It isn't until Link has acquired the Jabber Nut that he gains the ability to speak with the Minish.
Link is able to fuse Green Kinstones at various points in the game with a variety of Forest Minish. As it is a Green Kinstone fusion, it is not set to a specific Treasure Chest, but instead, one of the many possible Treasure Chests. There is one random Red Kinstone within the game that opens up a location in the Hyrule Castle Garden leading to a Piece of Heart, as well as a random Blue Kinstone that opens up a tree in North Hyrule Field leading to a Fairy Fountain. Various Forest Minish are some of the many characters in which Link can make these Kinstone fusions with.
|Not visible to the eyes of adults, they delight in making humans happy by hiding helpful items and Rupees under grass and rocks all over the world.|
Almost all the Forest Minish are found within Minish Village, however, some are found throughout the Minish Woods, as well as a few one-off locations throughout Hyrule.
- A Forest Minish can be found in a small hut right near the Wind Crest in Lake Hylia. Fusing Kinstones with him leads to a tree opening up in the Western Wood containing a Piece of Heart.
- A Forest Minish can be found in a small hut within the Eastern Hills. Link is able to fuse Blue Kinstones with him, which eventually leads to a Piece of Heart, 200 Rupees, and 200 Mysterious Shells.
- A Forest Minish can be found in a small hut at the south end of South Hyrule Field. Link can fuse Red Kinstones with this Minish, causing Syrup to start selling Red Potion.
- A Forest Minish can be found in a small hut at the southwest portion of the Western Wood. Link can fuse a Blue Kinstone with this Minish, causing a beanstalk nearby to appear leading to 320 Rupees and a Red Kinstone.
- A Forest Minish can be found in a hole at the east end of Lake Hylia. Link can fuse a Blue Kinstone with this Minish, causing a beanstalk to appear elsewhere in Lake Hylia. Much later in the game, Link can reach this beanstalk, acquiring a Piece of Heart, 200 Rupees, and 200 Mysterious Shells.
- A Forest Minish can be found in a small hut just west of Knuckle in the Trilby Highlands. This Forest Minish talks about the suspicious watery spot just to the south in the Trilby Highlands, referring to land area that later appears through a Kinstone fusion.