Gregal is an old member of the Wind Tribe in The Minish Cap, who used to be a famous hero in his youth. He can be visited in his home on the Cloud Tops if Link makes a Kinstone Fusion with a certain Wind Tribe member in Hyrule Town, which will open up a portal to it. When Link visits him, Gregal is sick due to being plagued by a ghost. If Link saves him by sucking the ghost up with his Gust Jar, Gregal will reward Link by upgrading his regular Arrows to the Light Arrows. If Link fails to save him before completing the Palace of Winds, however, Gregal dies and the Light Arrows are forfeit at that point.
- ↑ "In my youth, I was called Gregal the Great! I was even a little famous... But lately my limbs have grown heavy, and I can't even stand up..." — Gregal, The Minish Cap.
- ↑ "Once, my grandfather used something called a Gust Jar to fight monsters... He was a miiiighty hero, they say. But now he's sick in bed..." — Hailey, The Minish Cap.
- ↑ "I can't believe old Gregal is sick. He was looking so healthy. I guess something just took hold of him..." — Caprice, The Minish Cap.
- ↑ "Nobody believes me, but I saw a ghost that has taken hold of Granddad!" — Hailey, The Minish Cap.
- ↑ "What? An evil spirit had taken hold of me? And you drove it away? You... You might be right!... I can already feel my energy returning! I'll be able to get out of bed soon! What's your name? ...Link? Thank you, my boy. You saved me." — Gregal, The Minish Cap.