Martha's Bay is a large region of Koholint Island in Link's Awakening. It mainly consists of empty water areas where River Zoras, Buzz Blobs, and occasionally Bombers thrive. However, it also plays a crucial part in the Trading Sequence, and it is the location of the fifth dungeon. It is named after the mermaid Martha, who can be found in the northwest corner of the bay.
Points of Interest
- Main article: Catfish's Maw
House by the Bay
- Main article: House by the Bay
The house near Martha's Bay was formerly inhabited by the Ghost, but after his death, it was left unattended and lonely. Once Link completes Angler's Tunnel, the Ghost asks him to take him here before departing to his grave in Koholint Prairie.
Under the Bridge
- Main article: Under the Bridge
Link can dive underneath the bridge in Martha's Bay to find the Fisherman. When Link gives him the Fishing Hook, he will catch Martha's necklace that had gone missing. Link can return it to the mermaid, who will give him a scale from her tail.
- Main article: Mermaid Statue
A statue made by Schule Donavich can be found in Martha's Bay. Only accessible after obtaining the Hookshot, the statue can be moved with the Mermaid's Scale. Inside of it is the Magnifying Lens.
- Main article: Mad Batter
One of the three locations of the Mad Batter is in the bay. Link must cross a pit and then go through two different staircases in order to reach his underground home. After throwing Magic Powder on his resting place, the Mad Batter will awaken and allow Link to carry either more Magic Powder, Bombs, or Arrows, depending on how many of the other locations he has visited.
- ↑ "...the house... ...take me... ...the house... ...at the bay..." — Ghost, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ " The became a necklace ! L-l-lucky!" — In-Game Description, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "Ahh! That's it! That's my neck- lace! Give it! Give it back! I will give you a scale as I said! Give Keep" — Martha, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ " Ya, I am Schule Donavitch! Zee mermaid statue by zee bay iz my masterpiece! ... To tell you zee truth, zis werk iz not complete! Zee art, it'z... difficult for you to grasp, iz it not?" — Schule Donavich, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ " You put the missing scale in the mermaid statue!" — In-Game Description, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "Hey, Kid! You woke me up from a fine nap!! ...Thanks a lot! But now, I'll get my revenge! Are you ready?! Yes N-No" — Mad Batter, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "I'll let you carry more Magic Powder! He He! Are you ready?! Yes N-No" — Mad Batter, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "Okay, I'll let you carry more Bombs! He He He! Are you ready?! Yes N-No" — Mad Batter, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "Fine, I'll let you have more arrows! Heh Heh! Are you ready?! Yes N-No" — Mad Batter, Link's Awakening.