Richard's Villa is the temporary home of Richard in Link's Awakening. After being driven out of Kanalet Castle by his servants, Richard moved into this villa in Pothole Field along with many frogs. Link first meets Richard here, where he asks Link to search for the five Golden Leaves in Kanalet Castle. After Link brings them all back to the villa, Richard opens a secret passage under a box in the corner of the house that leads to Pothole Field and subsequently the Slime Key.
- The music in Richard's Villa is a remix of the overworld theme from the game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru ("For the Frog the Bell Tolls"). Richard himself is likely a reference to the character of the same name within that game.
- Waiting in Richard's Villa for two and a half minutes replaces the background music with Totaka's Song, a song hidden in several Nintendo games.
- ↑ "Salutations! You wouldn't know by the look of me, but I used to live in the castle! My servants went berserk and I was forced to flee to my villa... So, you want the key to Ukuku Prairie, do you? I may be able to help you... Let's make... a deal, shall we? I want you to retrieve the Golden Leaf I left behind in the castle when I fled... Okay No Way" — Richard, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "Smashing! To tell you the truth, there are five leaves, and I want them all! Oh, you'll need to do some dig- ging, so buy a shovel! Are you off, then? Good luck!" — Richard, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "Ahh! Tres Bien! I see you have recovered all of the leaves! Now, move this box and you will find your reward!" — Richard, Link's Awakening.