Differences Between Majora's Mask and Majora's Mask 3D
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Minor Differences in the 3DS Version
- The location of the five Bombers in the Hide-and-Seek game have changed and they are now found in each part of Clock Town.
- Kaepora Gaebora is now found right when Link enters the Southern Swamp and he will teach the Song of Soaring at this point.
- Two Fishing Holes have been added to the Road to Southern Swamp and Zora Cape. There are twelve different types of fish in each location, totaling twenty four fish in the game.
- There is now a warp in the cave with the Bean Seller that quickly takes you to just east of the Deku Palace.
- When flying as Deku Link, player can press "R" to get a vertical viewpoint, with a large circle showcasing where he can land.
- When flying at the upper part of the Deku Palace, the platforms are no longer moving. They only move after Link has landed on them.
- The Great Fairy Fountain in Woodfall was moved from southeast portion of the area to the western part. Much more accessible.
- Gathering all 15 Stray Fairies in the Woodfall Temple now doubles the size of the magic meter gauge instead of giving you the Spin Attack.
- A Piece of Heart is now found instead of an Empty Bottle after digging up the grave in Ikana Graveyard.
- The reward for the first two days for the Honey & Darling's Shop mini-game is now a Fishing Hole Pass.
- The reward for the first two days of the Deku Scrub Playground mini-game is now a Fishing Hole Pass.
- Deku Link's bubble no longer bursts after holding it for awhile and there is also an icon for easier targeting.
- The Hookshot now has a laser sight for easier targeting and detects hookshot-friendly materials.
- The Stone Mask is now received in the Pirates' Fortress instead of before the entrance to Ikana Canyon.
- The Giant's Mask is now received after defeating the blue Twinmold instead of in the Stone Tower Temple after defeating Eyegore.
- The Pictograph Box now has its own slot and lets Link snap full-color pictographs.
- The Song of Double Time now lets Link travel to a specific hour.
- A seventh Empty Bottle has been added. It is the reward of a new side quest involving the Gorman Brothers.
- The Circus Leader's Mask has been renamed Troupe Leader's Mask.
- The Giant Wallet is now received in the First, Second, and Final Day instead of just the First Day.
- The File Selection Screen now has three Save Files instead of two Save Files.
- Zora Link's swimming mechanics have been improved. Zora Link now swims slower.
- Epona's mechanics have been improved. Epona can now do a 180° turn.
- There are Instrument Icons for each of the four Instruments instead of just the Ocarina of Time.