The Armies of Ruin
The Invasion Begins (Cia's Tale)
The Armies of Ruin is the first scenario in Legend Mode of Hyrule Warriors. Link is still an unknown trainee when the scenario begins, but gains recognition from Zelda and Impa alike as he displays his skill throughout the battle.
Partway through the scenario, the player discovers a treasure chest containing Bombs, which can then be used to destroy boulders as well as to harm enemies. Subsequent playthroughs still require the player to open the chest, but this time they contain a Weapon Pouch, as the player already has Bombs. This scenario's boss is King Dodongo, whose weakness gauge appears after ingesting Bombs.
Completing it unlocks Impa (with Giant Blade) as a playable character in all versions. In Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, completing it also unlocks another fourteen characters with their starting weapons, and Breath of the Wild-inspired costumes for Link and Zelda.
"Hordes of monsters began laying siege to the Kingdom of Hyrule. Princess Zelda led a valiant defence against hopeless odds.
News of the Hyrulean army's imminent defeat reached the cadets at the knights' training yard.
As the elite troops fell in battle, Hyrule's trainees were left to wait helplessly inside the castle walls.
Despite the odds, one young knight took up his simple training sword and chose to fight. This brave young man was named Link.
Compelled to act, he rushed to the monster-ridden battlefield to assist Zelda and defend Hyrule."
- Victory Conditions
- Defeat all enemies. →? Defeat King Dodongo.
- Defeat Conditions
- Zelda flees or the Castle Keep falls. →? The Castle Keep falls.
- Defeat Volga!
- Defeat the Lizalfos!
- Capture Central Keep and East Field Keep!
- Use the Magic Circle!
- Defeat King Dodongo!
- Playing as Link, after accessing the north end of the map, travel to the northwest area and use a bomb to blow up a boulder. Open the treasure chest to get a heart container.
Piece of Heart
- Playing as Link, once you gain access to the north side of the map, you will find a keep located to the west, known as the W. Rockface Keep. Take control of the keep to cause a treasure chest to appear containing the piece of heart.
- After defeating 1,000 enemies, the Gold Skulltula appears west of West Field Keep, just outside the Abandoned Fort.
- After completing the Legend Mode the first time, a second Skulltula becomes available. This requires it to be in Hard Mode, played with Link, and using the Hylian Sword. Activate the Magic Circle, and the Gold Skulltula appears just after King Dodongo appears, in the room just east of Castle Keep.