Erica Mendez (English)
Breath of the Wild
Tera's Great Fairy Fountain is located in the southwesternmost corner of the Gerudo Desert in the rib cage of the Gerudo Great Skeleton next to the Hawa Koth Shrine. She is the oldest of the four sisters .
To open her Great Fairy Fountain, Tera will request an offering of either 100; 500; 1,000; or 10,000 Rupees depending on how many Great Fairies have been restored to power already. Once her powers have been restored, Tera will upgrade certain pieces of Link's armor provided Link can meet the required materials cost.
For each Great Fairy restored to power, the Great Fairies' collective power is stronger, allowing each Great Fairy to upgrade Link's armor to higher levels. To upgrade his armor to the highest level, all four Great Fairies must be restored.
Nearby Fountain Resources
Age of Calamity
|This section is a stub. You can help the Zelda Dungeon Wiki by.|
- Main article: Great Fairies
Tera is battled in the Fairy Fountain: Desert Sands Challenge scenario. Once Fairy Fountain: Battlefield is completed, the four Great Fairies become available as a composite character, fighting from a single bud.
Tears of the Kingdom
Tera refuses to come out of her Fountain due to reports of gloom and monsters across Hyrule. She declares that she will stay inside for all eternity, or until she hears a violin once more. Link must complete the Serenade to a Great Fairy side adventure in order to obtain upgrades from Tera.
After hearing the violin, Tera will come out once more. She is surprised that the world is not as terrible as Princess Zelda had described to her. Looking back on the conversation, she realizes that something wasn't quite right while talking to her. She couldn't see Zelda clearly in the darkness of the night, and thinks it maybe wasn't even her at all. Tera will then give Link the locations of her sisters across Hyrule, who are all as scared as she was.
- Ironically, Tera is the Great Fairy who is the most difficult to reach, as the Gerudo Desert is plagued with suffocating sand storms that hinder the function of the Sheikah Slate, while at the same time being the Great Fairy who is the closest to a Travel Gate (Hawa Koth Shrine), which is mere meters away from her fountain.
- Also ironically, Tera is tremendously pale for an entity that lives smack dab in the heart of the desert.
- Tera sometimes welcomes Link with Gerudo native language greetings.
- It's implied that apart from the sandstorms that plague the way, the Moldugas found in the desert are positioned in a way to hinder access to the southwest corner of the desert, and thus, to Tera's fountain.
- ↑ ""*cough...cough* Ah... Well, hello there... I am the great earth fairy, Tera. I am the oldest of the four sisters."", Tera