How do I create my user profile?
I have copied the text you posted and when I preview on the specific page it says 'Template:Loc: and there is no info box, Hence why I copied the HTML code and made the info box. Could you help me?
I really don't know how to make an infobox to work properly without gdoing this.. Template> Edit> Copy Text/Code> Going into my Page and Pasting> Fill in info..?
- That was actually a mistake on my part, and I should've realized it a long time ago. We've fixed it, and it should work now whenever you copy/paste it. ~Josh (Talk) 15:51, October 21, 2011 (CDT)
Thanks for fixing the Shadow Link page! I was having a ton of issues with it, after I'd preview the page, it'd delete everything I had written... So I'd go back a few pages then I clicked save, then show and it wasn't finished... Bleh. Then for a little bit it wouldn't show the new changes I'd made, I thought maybe it wasn't saving because I didn't sign it, blah, it was a mess. I've never done anything on any kind of a Wiki site, so this is all new to me. I figured I'd give it a shot when Mases said that little bit about hiring for the Wiki if we do a good enough job. I'm not old enough but, he didn't mention age, did he? :D
Anyway, thanks so much for the help! (We use signatures now, right?) Zelda geek 15:39, October 22, 2011 (CDT)
I figured I should tell an administrator this. There's a page for both Stone Tower and Stone Tower Temple, which I'm pretty sure are the same thing. I'm not exactly sure what to do about that, so... I'll leave it to you. ^^
I also hope I'm doing this "talk" thing right. Heroine of Time 15:13, June 10, 2012 (CDT)
I'm having a bit of trouble linking photos to the page I'm editing. Instead of showing the photo, it shows "No Image Available" in big, bold letters. I click on it and it still leads me to the page linked, it just doesn't show the image for me. I'd like to know if there's something wrong before I continue anything else. Thanks for your time in advance! Nintendo Master 11:04, February 18, 2013 (CDT)
- Hi Nintendo Master! Thanks for the recent contributions around the Wiki. The reason some of the images were not showing for Ocarina of Time Enemies was you had link= instead of file=. Also, you don't need the caption= for the CD Template unless you want the caption to be different than the link. I hope you will continue the edits on ZDW and hope you have a wonderful future on here. :) Odd300 :) 13:58, February 18, 2013 (CST)
I couldn't find it in the FAQ but in recent changes why are there numbers in parenthesizes that are green or red and have plus and minus signs next to them? Zeldacenter 09:59, June 16, 2013 (CDT)
- I'll answer for him. XD Those numbers symbolize the number of bytes added or removed from the page. It's just a way of judging how much information one person has contributed to the page at a time; it's not always accurate, but it can be helpful to distinguish major edits from minor ones. Also, while I'm here, I want to remind you to "preview" your pages before submitting them with the button found next to the "save" option. Josh isn't terribly active, so in the future, if you want your questions answered quickly, ask one of the patrollers or Locke. Welcome to the wiki! Heroine of Time 10:29, June 16, 2013 (CDT)
I was looking at the wanted pages and there is one in there that says energy gauge, but that doesn't give me enough information on what they want. I mean is it the new energy gauge on skyward sword they want a page on or is it the energy gauge of A link to the past?? the preceding unsigned post by DarkLink1231 (contribs) at 23:33 (UTC)
- If Josh doesn't mind, I'll just answer, haha. He's not on terribly often. I'm pretty sure it's referring to the A Link Between Worlds gauge that is used for the items and merging in the game. The A Link to the Past meter is the Magic Meter, and the Skyward Sword one is the Stamina Gauge. If you need help figuring out what a page is supposed to be in the future, you can actually see the pages that link to it to give you an idea (which can be found under the "toolbox" header at the left while creating the new page -- it says "what links here"), and you can also use ctrl+F in the Text Dumps for the associated games to find their official terms. From what I saw when I looked through them, only A Link Between Worlds refers to its meter as the Energy Gauge. I hope that helps. Welcome to the wiki, by the way! ^^ Let me know if you have any more questions. (Also, make sure you sign your name with four tildes next time you're on a talk page!) Heroine of Time (talk) 23:36, April 14, 2014 (MDT)
I'm Perry The Platypus.
I'm New Here And I'm Also A Platypus. Thank You For Welcoming Me.
- Hey Platypus, I'm Josh and I'm old here. Happy to welcome you, I don't do it very often. ~Josh (Talk) 01:59, March 6, 2016 (UTC)
I started a discussion about the item infobox at Template_talk:Infobox. I'm not sure how many people would normally see that, though, so I also wanted to leave this comment about it on the userpages of admins and some other editors who seem to have shown interest in templates. Chris3145 (talk) 19:54, March 31, 2017 (UTC)
A few edits on the BotW map
I have just become a contributor, I wasn't one yesterday. To help with my own walkthrough in progress, I use your interactive map. Yesterday something happened that never happened before. I clicked on a Korok seed location,then the edit sign, which opened the information page how to edit. When I went out of it without doing anything, the seed disappeared from the map, till now. I wasn't logged in and not a contributor yet, so I think it is strange that I could change something on the map. Since I couldn't find mailcontacts I try to get things repaired this way.Sorry for messing things up.
The missing seed is the SW seed in Lanayru Wetlands, Telta Lake (the one with the 2 offering bowls). I don't know how to replace it or get the old page back, neither do I know it's number. I did have the hunch that the sign that was there wasn't totally on the right place. Another object in the neighbourhood has a clear mistake: the treasure chest on the E point of Rikoka Hills, in the same corner as the former Korok seed, contains a soldier's broadsword, not a royal broadsword.
The Adventure of Link director
Hey there, Josh! I just corrected one of the director credits on the page The Adventure of Link Staff and included a source for the change. I would appreciate it if you could change the name Yoichi Yamada to Yasuhisa Yamamura on the Zelda II: The Adventure of Link page as it is protected editing by regular users. Thanks in advance! :) KendoG2 (talk) 13:28, September 29, 2019 (UTC)
- Hey Kendo - correct me if I'm wrong, but the resource you linked states that Yasuhisa was the dungeon designer, not a director. "1. Underground Construction (Dungeon Design)" ~Josh (Talk) 00:29, September 30, 2019 (UTC)
- I am sorry for the misunderstanding. :( The erroneous Zelda II director credit for Yoichi Yamada stems from a misattribution of the Yamahen/Yamahem(u) pseudonym to him in an old credits list from N-Sider which spread the error and has since been widely adopted by other sites without primary sources backing up the connection. While the source discovered later lists the developers' roles in the development of Link's Awakening under question 1 (hence only "Underground Construction (Dungeon Design)" for the person in question), it confirms that the nickname Yamahen/Yamahem(u) actually belongs to Yasuhisa Yamamura rather than Yoichi Yamada, therefore revealing Yamamura's involvement as one of the directors in Zelda II (where he is only credited under his pseudonym Yamahen). I hope this explains it better. :) KendoG2 (talk) 09:21, October 1, 2019 (UTC)
A few questions about botw inter. map
Hi, I'm not really sure how to get in contact with a moderator. I assume this is it? I've done a few edits on the map here and their mainly just tips (idk if they saved though im not the best at this). I had an idea for the map. I am a total completionist so i love using the map. I saw that in order to get 100% you need to visit all discoverable locations. I found this map https://mrcheeze.github.io/botw-waypoint-map/ that shows the ~226 of them. I was wondering if we could implement this into the map. I barely know code so i can't do that but im totally up to doing with names, pictures, descriptions, etc. I could be like the dots that are on the map and like the icons you can check off the interactive map. Id love to help any way i can so this can be implemented. Also if there is a different or easier way to contact your or another moderator i would love to know, i have discord and Reddit. (sorry for bad spelling) Aug, 14 2020, Liv
- Hi Liv, I may be misunderstanding you, but the map you found unfortunately does not have all the discoverable locations. On Zeldadungeon's interactive map, we do have all the locations, just in the form of names, and some do not appear until you zoom in. Also, Mases disabled adding things to the map, so you can only edit exisiting things. He can enable it again, but it seems unlikely. Please fell free to still use the wiki as a maeans of communication, but we do also have a discord server: https://discord.com/channels/145426797285212161 . - AZeldaPlayer24 (talk) 21:05, August 14, 2020 (UTC)