Between the Ancient Battle and the end of Skyward Sword
The Sky Era spans the time when humans live in the sky after being sent there by Hylia to protect them from Demise. This era spans thousands of years, through the events of Skyward Sword, concluding with the humans' return to the Surface shortly after the game's ending.
- Main article: Skyloft
The land that Hylia sent skyward becomes known as Skyloft. It enjoys a peaceful time in the Sky Era, with the humans remaining safe and the Ancient Battle fading into legend. Skyloft culture comes to revolve around the Loftwing, divine birds said to be gifts of protection from Hylia. Free from the ancient threat on the Surface, and with the help of the Loftwings, the humans build up their military strength. 25 years before the events of Skyward Sword, Gaepora builds the Knight Academy. The academy trains young Skyloftians in kendo and Loftwing riding, and the most skilled students graduate to become Rescue Knights, tasked with patrolling Skyloft and saving people who fall off the floating islands.
Although many of the details of the Era of the Goddess Hylia — including the existence of the Surface and Hylia's two plans — are forgotten by all except the few keepers of the legends, the inhabitants still revere Hylia as their divine protector. The Statue of the Goddess towering over Skyloft from the Isle of the Goddess serves as the site of the annual Ceremony of the Goddess.
|Spoiler Alert! This section describes a subject that is sensitive to plot development.|
The seeds of one of Hylia's plans are hidden within the Isle of the Goddess. The Goddess Sword and its spirit Fi reside Inside the Statue of the Goddess. The Triforce is also hidden deep inside, within Sky Keep.
- Main article: Skyward Sword Story
- ↑ "After a few thousand years, their story was forgotten and became legend.", Hyrule Historia, pg. 72
- ↑ "Thousands of Years Ago", Hyrule Historia, pg. 75-76, headings for events preceding Skyward Sword which occur after the Ancient Battle
- ↑ "Zelda resolved to live on the Surface and to protect the Triforce.", Hyrule Historia, pg. 76
- ↑ "As you know, each of us in Skyloft is but one half of a pair. We are only made whole by our Loftwings, the guardian birds that the goddess bestows upon each of us as a symbol of her divine protection." — Gaepora, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "On Skyloft, they developed a militia and slowly built up their strength.", Hyrule Historia, pg. 72
- ↑ "Excellent. As you well know, today's champion will graduate to the next class, bringing him one step closer to knighthood. He will also receive a gift from the young woman chosen to play the role of the goddess in this year's ritual. Today is a special day for many reasons, but it is also the 25th anniversary of our fine institution. To celebrate the occasion, today's champion shall also receive his gift high atop the Statue of the Goddess. I hear the young woman performing the role of the goddess this year has crafted the gift herself. And as you all well know, the role of the goddess this year will be performed by...", Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Gaepora, the keeper of the legends that had been passed down through his family, built the Knight Academy.", Hyrule Historia, pg. 72
- ↑ "Gaepora brought kendo training and Loftwing riding together and established the order of the knights.", Hyrule Historia, pg. 72
- ↑ "The honor students become the Rescue Knights. Their duties include saving people who have fallen from the islands in the sky and patrolling at all hours upon a Loftwing.", Hyrule Historia, pg. 73
- ↑ "Let me give you some information you might find useful somewhere down the line. The Knight Academy you and your friends attend produces some first-class Loftwing riders. Keep your nose to the grindstone, and you might find yourself soaring through the skies and protecting the good folk of Skyloft too. Don't know if you've met 'em or not, but the rescue knights save anyone clumsy enough to fall off of Skyloft. Only the Knight Academy's seniors are invited to join that group. They're the best of the best! You might just have what it takes to join them, but don't think it'll be easy. No slacking, you hear! Guess I should tell you my grandson's one of 'em! Heh heh heh." — Croo, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "The keepers of the legends protect the secrecy of the ancient documents about the Surface and the Goddess Sword, which is located in the Statue of the Goddess.", Hyrule Historia, pg. 72
- ↑ "This year, the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Knight Academy, the Sailcloth is given to the champion atop the Statue of the Goddess.", Hyrule Historia, pg. 73