The Force Era takes place after the events within the Era of Prosperity and the establishment of Hyrule. It is the era where both The Minish Cap and Four Swords take place. It happens prior to the events of the Era of the Hero of Time, which occurs throughout the time frame of Ocarina of Time.
The Hero of Men
During the establishment of Hyrule within the Era of Prosperity, the Kingdom knew many years of peace, however this was shortlived. Evil once again threatened the Kingdom as monsters sought to bring Hyrule into darkness once more. It was at this moment that a race known as the Picori descended from the sky. They bestowed the Hero of Men with a golden power and a powerful sword. The golden power was known as the Light Force while the sword was named the Picori Blade. The hero managed to use his new profound powers and sealed the monsters within a chest.
The chest, in which the monsters where trapped, was sealed with the powerful Picori Blade and was watched over by the Royal Family. They kept the whereabouts of the mysterious race, the Picori, a secret. Peace was once again restored to the land and a festival was held on an annual basis to celebrate the Picori.
The Festival and Vaati
The one hundred year anniversary of the Picori Festival beckoned and it was a custom that each year a person would be able to touch the legendary blade. This year Vaati was chosen however he breaks the famed sword and intends to obtain the Light Force. It soon became known that the Light Force was nowhere to be seen, subsequently Vaati releases many monsters that were once sealed within the chest. Vaati, in anger, turns Princess Zelda into stone and goes off to search for the golden power.
Hero of the Minish
The Princess could only return to her true form with the power of the Picori Blade, however due to it being broken, she remained in her current state. The King of Hyrule, at Master Smith's suggestion, asks a young boy named Link to repair the blade with the help of the Minish. Link then starts his epic journey to restore the Picori Blade to its former glory. After meeting with a tribe known as the Minish, Link comes across a mysterious figure known as Ezlo. He teams up with the hat like being on his quest to find the Four Elements. After finding all four Elements, Link infuses them with the Picori Blade in the Elemental Sanctuary. The Picori Blade now becomes the Four Sword. Vaati continues to search for the whereabouts of the Light Force and breaks into Hyrule Castle. The evil sorcerer takes control of the King and orders the castle's soldiers to search for the relic. It soon dawns to Link that the Light Force is held within Princess Zelda, as it was passed down through many generations. Vaati then kidnaps Zelda and takes her back to the, now cursed, Hyrule Castle. The young hero manages to fight his way through the monsters and reaches Vaati. Link then arrives just before he manages to complete the ceremony. After Link defeats the Evil Mage, the Princess and Ezlo return to their original form and peace is restored to Hyrule.
The Return of Vaati
Briefly after his defeat, Vaati reappeared and terrorised Hyrule one again. He kidnapped many of the women within the King and brought them to his Palace. However it was at this moment that a hero wielding the legendary blade, known as the Four Sword, appeared. He managed to defeat the Wind Mage and seal him within the Four Sword in the Sanctuary.
For many years the seal was left unbroken and the Sanctuary was watched over. One day the seal begins to weaken and the Princess of that era goes to investigate. The seal is then broken by the evil Vaati and Princess Zelda is tasked by Vaati to his lair. A young boy named Link witnesses these tragic events and decides to wield the powerful sword, at the request of the Great Fairy. Before the fairies allow the young hero access to Vaati's Palace, they tell Link that he must prove his courage. After doing so, they aid Link in reaching the Palace. Link then defeats the powerful mage Vaati and rescues Princess Zelda. Vaati is once again sealed within the Four Sword and the people of Hyrule were tasked with keeping a close eye in case history was to repeat itself.
- ↑ "Monsters appeared and the world seemed to be lost in darkness." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 78
- ↑ "However, it was then that the small Picori came down from the heavens." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 78
- ↑ "They came bringing a golden light and a sword" — Hyrule Historia, pg. 78
- ↑ "That golden light was called the Light Force." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 78
- ↑ "the Hero of Men who used the sword sealed all of the monsters into a chest and returned the world to peace." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 78
- ↑ "From then on, the Royal Family would safeguard the blade that sealed the monsters and they enshrined the “Picori Blade” with great care." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 78
- ↑ "Then, the whereabouts of the Picori was guarded as a secret within the Royal Family of Hyrule." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 78
- ↑ "To thank the Picori, the people of Hyrule held a Picori Festival once every year." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 78
- ↑ "As this year marked the 100th year of the Picori Festival, the festival was more magnificent than ever before." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 79
- ↑ "Vaati was after the Bounded Chest. He broke the Picori Blade and opened the chest" — Hyrule Historia, pg. 79
- ↑ "Instead, a horde of monsters came gushing out of its insides." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 79
- ↑ "Vaati turned Princess Zelda to stone and set out to look for the Light Force all over the human world." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 79
- ↑ "With the power of the holy Picori Blade, the curse on Princess Zelda could be broken." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 79
- ↑ "Thus, at Smith’s suggestion, the King of Hyrule decided to send out a young boy named Link to contact them." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 79
- ↑ "Link travelled to Minish Woods where he met Ezlo, a man who had been transformed into a hat by Vaati." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 79
- ↑ "Link set out to search for the four elements hidden all over the world to infuse them with the sword in the Elemental Sanctuary." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 80
- ↑ "Link collected the Four Elements and placed them in their pedestals within the Elemental Sanctuary." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 81
- ↑ "With their powers, the Picori Blade turned into the sacred Four Sword with the power to split its wielder into four." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 81
- ↑ "Vaati, being unable to locate the Light Force on his own, took control over the King of Hyrule and force every soldier in the kingdom to look for it." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 80
- ↑ "In it, stained glass images explained that the Light Force had been dwelling within the Princess of Hyrule from generation to generation." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 81
- ↑ "Link immediately follows Vaati and manages to arrive before the ceremony is fully completed." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 81
- ↑ "Link manages to defeat him and lift the curses on Ezlo and Princess Zelda." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 81
- ↑ "Peace returned briefly to Hyrule as Vaati was presumed killed, until he one day reappeared to terrorize the land once more." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 82
- ↑ "Vaati kidnapped many beautiful maidens and brought them to the Wind Palace in the sky that he had taken." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 82
- ↑ "At this moment, a hero wielding the legendary sword appeared." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 82
- ↑ "Using the sword, he split his body in four to defeat Vaati and seal him away inside the Four Sword in the Four Sword Sanctuary." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 82
- ↑ "For generations the seal of the Four Sword was managed by the lineage of Princess Zelda" — Hyrule Historia, pg. 82
- ↑ "but one day the seal begins to weaken. Zelda goes to check up on the seal" — Hyrule Historia, pg. 82
- ↑ "but is kidnapped by Vaati and taken away to the Palace of Winds." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 82
- ↑ "A young boy named Link witnesses the revival of Vaati. Link is told to take the Four Sword by a fairy, and as he does so he splits into four, as told in the legend." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 82
- ↑ "The Great Fairies can help him get to the Palace of Winds, but the four Links must first kill monsters and collect Rupees to prove that they’re courageous enough for it." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 82
- ↑ "Link faced Vaati deep in the Palace of the Wind, and attacked with the collected power of four. Princess Zelda was rescued and survived unharmed." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 83
- ↑ "Vaati was once again sealed in the Four Sword." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 83
- ↑ "Princess Zelda and the people of Hyrule once again kept a close, watchful eye on the Four Sword." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 83