Failed Execution of Ganondorf
After the events of Ocarina of Time, Link was sent back into the past to relive his childhood by Princess Zelda. With the knowledge of future events and the proof of the Triforce of Courage, Link told the young Princess Zelda of what would happen in the future. The Princess then passed the information onto the Royal Family and Ganondorf was captured and sent to be executed.
Several years after he had been caught, the time for the execution of the Demon Thief dawns. Ganondorf is chained to a giant stone slap atop the Arbiter's Grounds, within the Mirror Chamber. One of the Sages then draws the Sword of the Six Sages and thrusts it into the abdomen of Ganondorf. However, by a "divine prank", the Triforce of Power shines bright on the hand of Ganondorf and he avoids death, killing the Sage of Water as he breaks free of his shackles. In a rush of panic, the remaining Sages seal him within the Twilight Realm via the Mirror of Twilight.
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia pg. 11
- ↑ "Link, give the Ocarina to me... As a Sage, I can return you to your original time with it. Now, go home, Link. Regain your lost time! Home... where you are supposed to be... the way you are supposed to be..." — Princess Zelda, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "In order to right her wrongs, she played the ocarina, returning Link to his original era and allowing him to regain the seven years that had passed while he remained sealed." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 91
- ↑ "In Hyrule, Princess Zelda was informed of what would happen in the future by Link, the Hero of Time." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 113
- ↑ "Many years later, Ganondorf, the infamous demon thief who wielded the power of magic, was finally to be executed." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 113
- ↑ "The Ancient Sages performed the execution of Ganondorf in the Arbiter's Grounds." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 113
- ↑ "By some divine prank, he, too, had been blessed with the chosen power of the gods." — Ancient Sages, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "However, Ganondorf, who had been chosen by the Triforce of Power, did not perish, and managed to kill one of the sages." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 113
- ↑ "Thrown into a panic, the remainder of the sages used the Mirror of Twilight to banish Ganondorf to the Twilight Realm." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 113