The Golden Era takes place after the resurrection and defeat of Ganon as well as the trio of games that follow A Link to the Past. During Link's adventures outside of Hyrule, the Kingdom, now absent of any evil, began to flourish in what is referred to as a "Golden Era". This was mainly due to the leaders of Hyrule using the full power of the golden relic, known as the Triforce.
Prosperity of the Kingdom
With the initial defeat of Ganon, the Kingdom of Hyrule entered a period of prosperity. The King's of Hyrule that followed used the Triforce of Courage, Wisdom and Power to maintain order within the land. These legendary relics were passed down through the Royal Family of Hyrule. It was said that, in order to use the Triforce effectively, that one's heart had to be true and they required a special inborn aptitude. Due to the Kings that followed, the Kingdom began to flourish.
The Great King of Hyrule
There was said to be a Great King within this era. This King was concerned that the Triforce might be misused after his death and he began to grow wary. In order to counter this, the King hid the Triforce of Courage, so that the following King would only be able to hold two pieces of the Triforce. One of the heirs to the throne was the King's son, the Prince of Hyrule. However, the King was suspicious of his character and aptitude, instead trusting Princess Zelda I with the secret to the location of the Triforce of Courage.
- ↑ "After the Demon King Ganon was vanquished, generation after generation, the kings of Hyrule maintained the order using the Triforce of Power, Wisdom and Courage that was handed down to the royal family." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 104
- ↑ "In order to use the Triforce correctly, it is necessary a personality with no evil heart and a special inborn aptitude." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 104
- ↑ "Thanks to the existence of the kings who handled the power of the Triforce, the kingdom developed and prospered." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 104
- ↑ "A great king that used the power of the Triforce was concerned that it could be misused after his death." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 104
- ↑ "Because of that, the king hid the Triforce of Courage" — Hyrule Historia, pg. 104
- ↑ "The king had a prince and a princess as his successors" — Hyrule Historia, pg. 104
- ↑ "but he was concerned about the prince’s character and aptitude and told the secret of the Triforce to Princess Zelda, since he detected that she had a better aptitude than the prince." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 104