Hyrulean Civil War
The Hyrulean Civil War refers to a war within Hyrule that is described by the Deku Tree Sprout in Ocarina of Time. This specific war takes place several years before the beginning events of Ocarina of Time. It describes a great war that took place in Hyrule, in which a mother fled to the forest with baby in hand. This is one of several wars that take place in the mythos of The Legend of Zelda series.
Hyrule Engulfed in War
Before the Kingdom of Hyrule became unified, there was a great war which continued for many eras. Among the fires of the war, there was a mother fleeing from the chaos with a baby in hand. Gravely injured, she flees into the forbidden forest, known as the Kokiri Forest. She encounters the guardian deity of the forest, the Great Deku Tree and entrusts him with her baby. The Deku Tree senses the destiny of the infant and that he would be somehow play a pivotal role in the future events of Hyrule, thus he decides to raise him within the safe confines of the forest. Shortly after stumbling into the forest, the mother passes away. Her son, would go on to become the Hero of Time, Link.
- ↑ "Some time ago, before the King of Hyrule unified this country, there was a fierce war in our world. One day, to escape from the fires of the war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy entered this forbidden forest. The mother was gravely injured... Her only choice was to entrust the child to the Deku Tree, the guardian spirit of the forest. The Deku Tree could sense that this was a child of destiny, whose fate would affect the entire world, so he took him into the forest. After the mother passed away, the baby was raised as a Kokiri. And now, finally, the day of destiny has come!" — Deku Tree Sprout, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "In the midst of the confusion, a lone woman fled the fires of war, babe in arms, and escaped to the forbidden forest." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 84
- ↑ "She entrusted her child to the spirit of Kokiri Forest, the Deku Tree." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 84
- ↑ "The Deku Tree, sensing that the infant's destiny was intertwined with Hyrule’s future, took the child in." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 84
- ↑ "After the child’s mother breathed her last, the babe was raised as Kokiri" — Hyrule Historia, pg. 84
- ↑ "This boy would later become Link the Hero." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 84
- ↑ "The King of Hyrule quelled the fighting, and the entire land was unified under Hyrule Kingdom." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 84