Ending of Ocarina of Time
The ending of Ocarina of Time has multiple outcomes and serves a pivotal moment in the Timeline.
After Link defeats Ganondorf and the Sages seal him in the Sacred Realm, Zelda congratulates Link for his heroic efforts and apologizes for her actions of trying to control everything. Zelda then asks Link for the Ocarina of Time which she uses to send Link back to the past where he's suppose to be and asks him to leave the Master Sword within the Pedestal of Time to seal the paths between the past and the future.
The following is a list of events as they occur chronologically during the Ending Credits of Ocarina of Time.
- Kaepora Gaebora is shown flying across the Gerudo Desert.
- The Gerudo's Fortress is shown but no guards are around.
- Kakariko Village is shown but nobody is around.
- The Death Mountain Trail leading to the Goron City is shown.
- Darunia's room is shown.
- Lake Hylia is shown.
- Zora's Domain is shown.
- The Deku Tree Sprout is shown.
- Kokiri Forest is shown but nobody is around.
- Hyrule Field is shown with Epona running across it.
- Everyone is in Lon Lon Ranch at night celebrating Ganondorf's defeat with a big party by a colorful fire.
- Talon and Ingo laughing and hugging with some dancing Kokiri, Gorons, and Zoras.
- Some people from Hyrule Castle Town enjoying the party which include the Twin Jugglers, the Buyer, and the Man Carrying Sack.
- Three Kokiri playing with the Phonogram Man as the Running Man runs past them.
- The Carpet Merchant, the Lake Scientist, and the Bean Seller on the Carpet Merchant's flying carpet with Granny and the Bombchu Bowling Alley Operator sitting behind them.
- Malon with Epona teaching the Carpenters how to sing.
- The Medicine Shop Owner, the Happy Mask Salesman, the Fishing Hole Man, and the Bombchu Shop Owner dancing.
- The Cucco Lady juggling her Cuccos while Medigoron watches.
- The Dancing Couple, some Gorons, some Gerudos, and Biggoron dancing.
- Mido and King Zora sadly sitting on the ground not joining in the festivities due to believing Saria and Ruto are gone. Until they both see five colorful lights flying across the sky.
- The lights reveal themselves to be the Sages: Saria, Darunia, Princess Ruto, Impa, and Nabooru on the top of Death Mountain watching Hyrule from below.
- Link is back in the past inside the Temple of Time with the Master Sword within the Pedestal of Time again. Navi then leaves without saying a word now that their quest is complete. Link then leaves the Temple of Time and the Master Sword.
- Link then visits Zelda in the Hyrule Castle Garden much to her surprise.
- Main article: Defeat Ending
- Main article: Decline Timeline
Despite Link's best efforts, when he challenges Ganondorf, he falls in battle, allowing Ganondorf to come into possession of the Triforce of Courage, along with the Triforce of Wisdom that was within Princess Zelda. He transforms himself into the Demon King but, with a last-ditch effort, Princess Zelda and the Six Sages seal Ganon and the Triforce within the Sacred Realm. This eventually leads to the backstory and events of A Link to the Past.
- Main article: Child Ending
- Main article: Child Timeline
After Link defeats Ganondorf, Princess Zelda plays the Ocarina of Time to send Link back so that he can relive his childhood. Link takes the knowledge he learned to a young Princess Zelda, warning her of Ganondorf's ultimate plan.
Some time later, when Link ventures off on the journey outlined in Majora's Mask "in search of a beloved and invaluable friend", Zelda gives Link the Ocarina of Time.
Years later, Princess Zelda and the Royal Family sentenced Ganondorf to execution, leading to the events of Twilight Princess.
- Main article: Adult Ending
- Main article: Adult Timeline
After Link defeats Ganondorf, Princess Zelda sends Link back to relive his childhood. However, in this Adult ending, there no longer exists a Hero, and eventually when Ganondorf escapes from his seal, there is no hero to stop them. The King of Hyrule then entrusts the fate of the kingdom to the Gods, who flood the world, sinking the land of Hyrule and Ganondorf at the bottom of the ocean. This leads to the events of The Wind Waker.