|Spoiler Alert! This article describes a subject that is sensitive to plot development.|
Generations later, Ganon breaks free from his prison in the Sacred Realm and terrorizes Hyrule. The people expect the Hero of Time to appear again, but he does not. The Golden Goddesses hear the prayers of the people and send them to the mountaintops, burying Hyrule and Ganon underneath a flood of water. This forms the Great Sea, and the Hylians adapt to their new life on small islands scattered across the ocean. The Wind Waker, the first game in the Adult Timeline, begins on Outset, one of these islands.
- ↑ "Once, long ago, this land of Hyrule was turned into a world of shadows by Ganon, who sought to obtain the power of the gods for his own evil ends." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them." — Intro, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...But the hero did not appear." — Intro, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "My power alone could not stop the fiend, and our only choice was to leave the fate of the kingdom in the hands of the gods... When the gods heard our pleas, they chose to seal away not only Ganon, but Hyrule itself...and so, with a torrential downpour of rains from the heavens... Our fair kingdom was soon buried beneath the waves, forgotten at the bottom of the ocean." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "So, before the sealing of the kingdom, the gods chose those who would build a new country and commanded them to take refuge on the mountaintops." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, The Wind Waker.