King Zora is the king of the Zoras, a common race in The Legend of Zelda series. He usually is rather large, and has a round shape. This is a huge difference from the rest of the Zora race, who are mostly tall and skinny. One could easily use these features to distinguish him from the other races. He appears in three games, and is mentioned in an additional game.
A Link to the Past
- Main article: King Zora (A Link to the Past)
Ocarina of Time
King Zora, also known as King Zora De Bon XVI, is the ruler of the Zoras in Ocarina of Time. He is also the father of Princess Ruto. He can be found at the upper most portion in Zora's Domain, within King Zora's Chamber. He is a very large Zora who wears a red vest and is considerably larger than any of the other Zora's.
When Link first meets King Zora, he is worried about his daughter and wants to know her whereabouts. It is at this point where Link has to bring him a bottle found in Lake Hylia, which contains a note from King Zora's daughter, Princess Ruto. King Zora will then move aside, allowing entrance to Zora's Fountain where he can find Lord Jabu-Jabu.
Oracle of Ages
- Main article: King Zora (Oracle of Ages)
Husband of Queen Rutela, King Zora died before Twilight Princess' story took place. He is the creator of the Zora Armor that Link must use to enter the Lakebed Temple, which was stored in his grave after he died.
- According to Hyrule Historia, the Zora King in Ocarina of Time is named King Zora De Bon XVI.
- There is some concept art in Hyrule Historia of a Twilight Princess version of King Zora, suggesting King Zora was originally meant to appear in-game.
King Zora Sprite from A Link to the Past
King Zora Sprite from Oracle of Ages
King Zora Model from Ocarina of Time
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "The king Link meets in this era is known as [King] Zora De Bon XVI.", Hyrule Historia, pg. 89
- ↑ "During his lifetime, my husband created garments specifically for the chosen hero, garments that house the abilities of the Zora." — Queen Rutela, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "From the design sketches, we can surmise that a Zora king was also slated to appear.", Hyrule Historia, pg. 191