When Link enters the Trendy Game Shop with Marin, she wants to play the game. If Link lets her, she will pick up the owner with the crane. He compliments her, but then he says that pros are not allowed and kicks them out.
In the Nintendo Switch remake, Link can also collect figures from the Trendy Game. If he collects them all, the Trendy Gamester will be impressed by his coordination and give him a Chamber Stone as a reward. He will also allow Link to play the game for only 5 Rupees thereafter as well as refer to him as a champ.
- In Link's Awakening, the Trendy Gamester has the same exact sprite as the Raft Shop Owner, except the Trendy Game owner is wearing blue instead of green in the DX version of the game. Both bear a strong resemblance to Takamitsu Kuzuhara, one of the developers of Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "TRENDY GAME! One Play 10 Rs. Play No" — Trendy Game Shop Owner, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ " Wow! Link , can I try this?! What do you say? Okay No Way" — Marin, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "You're good! You're a pro, aren't you? ... ... ... ... Well, beat it! Pros aren't allowed in here!" — Trendy Game Shop Owner, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "You've got a good eye and a steady hand. In here, that makes you a champ! And here's the lump of rock to prove it! I think it's called a chamber stone?" — Trendy Gamester, Link's Awakening (Switch)
- ↑ "And listen: no champ pays more than 5 rupees a go in my establishment!" — Trendy Gamester, Link's Awakening (Switch)
- ↑ "How goes it, champ? Here to have a go at the game for 5 rupees?" — Trendy Gamester, Link's Awakening (Switch)