- This article is about the enemy in multiple Zelda games. For the character in Four Swords Adventures and A Link Between Worlds, see Shadow Link.
The Adventure of Link
- Main article: Dark Link (The Adventure of Link)
Dark Link, also known as Link's Shadow, first appeared in The Adventure of Link as the final Boss who guards the Triforce of Courage inside the Great Palace. He serves as the final test created by the King of Hyrule before Link can obtain the Triforce of Courage.
A Link to the Past
- Main article: Dark Links
Ocarina of Time
- Main article: Dark Link (Ocarina of Time)
Oracle of Ages
Dark Link has a very minor role in this game. In the second stage of the battle with Veran, she summons 4 Dark Links, and they are far weaker than Link. They move in the opposite direction to the one Link is walking in, much like Arm-Mimics. They cannot attack save for bumping into Link, and always drop a heart upon defeat. They serve merely as distractions for Veran, and can be defeated easily.
Dark Link is not fought in Twilight Princess, but it appears in a cutscene narrated by the Light Spirit, Lanayru. He tells Link the tale of how the Twili race was banished to the Twilight Realm. Dark Link is used to represent the Dark Interlopers in the cutscene. In the cutscene, three Dark Links destroy Link (representing a civilian) with their dark magic, resulting in them getting banished into the Twilight Realm by the Light Spirits.
Dark Link also appears in Spirit Tracks as the final boss of the mini-game found in Hyrule Castle Town called Take 'Em All On. In this game, Dark Link can perform a Spin Attack, throw Bombs, and shoot arrows. Unfortunately, while in battle with him, Link cannot use any of his items except the Sword. As Link begins to defeat him, he slowly becomes more and more transparent unlike his predecessors. Once defeated, Dark Link will fall on his back and disappear while Link is rewarded with High-value Treasure.
- Dark Link is an alternate costume for Link in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Dark Link is a Boss battle in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- In Ocarina of Time, Dark Link's name according to Navi changes to be the same as the player's file name. His maximum health is also dependent upon the number of Heart Containers the player possesses.
Fan Artwork of Dark Link from Spirit Tracks created by timoteilol