The Skeletal Guards are Gar and Dion, two minor characters that only appear in the Link's Awakening DX and Link's Awakening (2019). They protect the entrance to the Color Dungeon, a secret dungeon found in the Cemetery that is exclusive to the remake. In order to allow Link to pass into the dungeon, they must ensure he has the "power of color". To test this, they ask what color their clothes are. Then they immediately tell Link to keep it a secret.
- ↑ "I am sorry, but this is the Color Dungeon. Only those with the power of color may enter. If you can tell who wears red and who wears blue, you may enter. Farewell." — Skeletal Guards, Link's Awakening DX.
- ↑ "Our colors are never the same! If I am red, he is blue! If he is red, I am blue! What color is my cloth? Red Blue" — Skeletal Guards, Link's Awakening DX.
- ↑ "Don't tell anyone." — Skeletal Guards, Link's Awakening DX.
- ↑ "Do you have the powder? If not, you must go back." — Blue Skeletal Guard, Link's Awakening DX.
- ↑ "The fairy queen is waiting for you." — Red Skeletal Guard, Link's Awakening DX.