"The summit of the Gerudo Highlands is covered in snow and has a massive stone sword plunged into it. There is a legend that the sword was once wielded by a forgotten eighth heroine, but that is dismissed as a myth - a folktale offshoot of the legend of the Seven Heroines passed down in the Gerudo region."
Gerudo Summit is an area in Breath of the Wild.
The Gerudo Summit is located at the peak of the Gerudo Highlands. It is a very cold, snowy climate, with the temperatures being bitterly cold. Link will need to wear armor with Cold Resistance, such as the Snowquill Set in order to survive. The summit has very steep cliffs on all sides, making it rather difficult to climb up. At the southwest portion of the summit, there is a more steady slope that Link can climb up to reach the summit.
One of the three dragons, Farosh, will occasionally fly over the Gerudo Summit. While Farosh usually stays a bit to far up in the air to get a good shot at him, Link is able to strike him with an Arrow and can get some rare material. However, It is not recommended to try and farm Farosh's materials here, as it is far easier in the area around Lake Floria. Often after hitting Farosh, the materials will appear way down the cliffs, making it a bit of an annoyance to have to get them.
There are four Koroks that can be found on and around the summit. Three of them are all next to each other at the west end of the summit. One requires Link to pickup a series of yellow flowers. It begins was down at the Risoka Snowfield, just south of the overhang. This requires quite the amount of Stamina and Link will likely need some stamina elixirs to get all the flowers. A second Korok is located at the west end, near the overhang. There is a block puzzle on the higher ledge to the east, with the missing block being all the way to the west, guarded by a pair of Black Bokoblin. Use Magnesis to grab the block and put it in its right location to get the Korok Seed.
At the far northwest end of the summit, there is a tree stump that creates a yellow circle. Race to the southwest, using the wind geyser for an extra boost to get the Korok.
The Forgotten Sword
- Main article: The Forgotten Sword
As part of The Forgotten Sword side quest, Link will need to take a picture of the giant sword. The sword is found on the top plateau, in the southeast area, southeast of where Link fought a White-Maned Lynel.
- Main article: Cliffside Etchings
On a lower elevation, just northeast of the Summit, there is a large thunderbolt symbol. As part of the Cliffside Etchings shrine quest, which Link gets by speaking with Geggle over at the Tabantha Bridge Stable, Link can shoot this thunderbolt symbol with a Shock Arrow. This will cause the Keeha Yoog Shrine to appear, completing the quest. The Shrine is a blessing shrine, so Link can open the treasure chest and then meet with Keeha Yoog at the altar to get a Spirit Orb.
There are dozens of treasure chests found throughout the Gerudo Summit with a variety of goodies. Below is a listing of all treasure chests, roughly in geographic order from west to east. Be careful though, as many of the treasure chests buried in the snow are fake and actually Treasure Octoroks enemies. The way to tell, is Link can only use Magnesis on real chests.
- Radiant Shield - At the far northwest end of the area, buried in the snow.
- Purple Rupee - Buried in the snow on top of a snow mound at the west end of the area.
- Purple Rupee - On top of the snowmound at the northwest part of the area.
- Topaz - In the snow, near the valley between the snow mounds.
- Arrows x5 - Also in the valley between the mounds, a bit to the east.
- Ruby - At the west end in the open area. It is just north of another chest.
- Purple Rupee - At the west end in the open area. It is just south of another chest.
- Fire Arrows x5 - In the open area at the southwest part of the summit.
- Golden Claymore - Buried in the snow, northwest of the Lynel in the small valley.
- Bomb Arrows x5 - Just east of the Lynel and north of the tall pillar, buried in the snow.
- Opal - A bit north of the Lynel, buried in the snow in the open area.
- Moonlight Scimitar - In the snow next to the four pine trees at the far north end of the area.
- Moonlight Scimitar - Northeast of the Lynel, near the snow mound, but in a crevice.
- Opal - Northeast of the Lynel, buried in the snow.
- Royal Broadsword - Just south of the Lynel, next to the tall pillar.
- Knight's Shield - Just southeast of the massive sword, at the southeast part of the summit.
- Golden Bow - At a much lower elevation, southeast of the massive sword.
- Arrows x5 - At a much lower elevation, directly east of the massive sword.
- Sapphire - In a chest on the ledge, just east of the higher plateau.
- Arrows x10 - Buried in the snow just west of a plateau where a Korok is found.
- Golden Claymore - Buried in the snow just south of a plateau where a Korok is found.
- Purple Rupee - Buried in the snow just southeast of a plateau where a Korok is found.
- Opal - Buried in the snow just northeast of a plateau where a Korok is found.
- Shock Arrows x5 - Buried in the snow just east of a plateau where a Korok is found.
- Opal - In a chest northwest of the enemy skull base.
- Fire Arrows x5 - In a chest north of the enemy skull base.
- Opal - In a chest a bit northeast of the enemy skull base.
- Silver Rupee - Next to the Decayed Guardian that is in a small cluster of trees.
- Arrows x10 - Just northeast of the Decayed Guardian.
- Knight's Halberd - In a chest next to a lone pine tree.
- Purple Rupee - Next to some metal blocks and explosive barrels, east of the enemy skull base.
- Arrow x5 - Just northeast of the explosive barrels.
- Fire Arrows x5 - Just east of the explosive barrels.
- Golden Bow - Just southwest of a cluster of four pine trees.
- Arrow x5 - Just south of a cluster of four pine trees.