The Ache are bat-like enemies that appear in The Adventure of Link. Aches are bat-like creatures that are mostly found in caves, swooping down to attack whenever Link goes beneath them. There are two variations of Ache.
Blue Ache are mostly found in caves or forests. When Link is near, they dive down in an attempt to attack him before retreating to treetops or cave ceiling. They deal a small amount of damage and can be killed with a sword slash. Link gains 3 experience points for defeating The Blue Ache.
This purple variety of Ache can only be found in the Water Town of Saria and the Darunia. This Ache is called "Eyes of Ganon" by townsfolk because they can disguise themselves as ordinary villagers. After Link talks to certain villagers of the town, they may transform back into their Ache form. While slightly weaker than their blue counterparts, they cause much more damage. Link gains 3 experience points for defeating one.
A single friendly Ache resides in the rafters of a house in the Town of Nabooru, which Link must jump to reach. At first, the Ache will refuse to speak, but if Link is persistent, the ache will give a clue about the location of the third Heart Container.
|Item Drop||Blue Magic Jar or 50 exp Point Bag|
|Enemy Habitat||Caves and Forests of Western Hyrule|
|Enemy Habitat||Water Town of Saria|
Mountain Town of Darunia
|Combat Data||•Disguised as villagers; transform randomly when Link speaks with them.|
Blue Ache Sprite from The Adventure of Link.
Purple Ache Sprite from The Adventure of Link.
The friendly Ache in Nabooru may divulge information if Link bothers it enough.
- ↑ "They swoop down from the shadows of deep caverns." — Nintendo Power Issue 004, pg. 22
- ↑ "Similar to Keese, Aches are a slightly different species of bat which hide in cave ceilings and swoop down on their prey." — The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Ache
- ↑ "A bat that lives in dark places. Usually, it hangs upside down from trees or in caves." — The Adventure of Link US Instruction Manual, pg. 26
- ↑ "EYES OF GANON ARE EVERYWHERE BE CAREFUL" — Man in Water Town of Saria, The Adventure of Link.
- ↑ "YOU ARE PERSISTENT FIND HEART OVER OCEAN", The Adventure of Link.