Yves can first be met in the Lost Woods inside of a hollow tree trunk next to Tingle. He tells the player that he has always wanted to be an adventurer, but because he cannot hold a sword, he can only dream. After collecting 20 Deku Seeds (an additional 10 after the first 10), the player can offer them to Tingle, who eats them excitedly. As thanks, he will offer the player to take Yves along with them. Yves will then become a playable character that can be selected at a Sheikah Stone.
Unlike Link, Zelda, and Cadence, Yves cannot use most items, including any weapons. He can, however, use bombs, bombchus, various scrolls and bottles, and items with limited durability like boots and shovels. He can attack by either hitting enemies normally or shooting Deku Seeds with L. His R ability lets him burrow into the ground, becoming entirely immune to damage. He also only has one heart and therefore can die very easily.
- ↑ "Are you an adventurer? I've always wanted to be a hero like you...but I can't even hold a sword. Oh, well... A scrub can dream..." — Yves, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "DEKU SEEDS! *Crunch* ... *Munch* ... *Nom nom*" — Tingle, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "As thanks, Tingle's friend Yves will join you! He's always wanted to be an adventurer." — Tingle, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "Yves joined your party! Yves has ambitions of becoming a hero, and he won't let a lack of arms get in his way! You can switch characters at any Sheikah Stone." — In-game description, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "Yves cannot use most weapons and active items." — Sheikah Stone description, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "He can burrow into the ground to defend himself and has the ability to shoot projectiles from his snout." — Sheikah Stone description, Cadence of Hyrule