When the player first arrives in Gerudo Village, a nearby Gerudo informs them that they cannot check on the prince because Barriara has fallen asleep in front of the entrance to the building he is in. She explains that Octavo played a song that made her fall asleep.
If the player plays the Gerudo Desert theme using the nearby music notes, Barriara will wake up. She thanks the player for waking her up and offers them the Power Glove to get through the Gerudo Ruins. Barriara also tells them that she wishes she could find Octavo to teach him a lesson. However, she must stay to watch over their prince until he is more mature, so she cannot travel to the ruins with them.
- ↑ "I’m Barriara, the leader of this village." — Barriara, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "The prince is inside, but we can’t check on him while Barriara is still asleep… The boss is usually awake before any of us. We’re not sure what happened to her." — Gerudo, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "Octavo played a song on his lute right before Barriara fell asleep. Maybe we could wake her up with a different song?" — Gerudo, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "Wait, did I doze off?! What am I doing sleeping outside?!" — Barriara, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "Thanks for waking me up, stranger. I’m Barriara, the leader of this village. Here, this should help you take care of that mischief in the ruins." — Barriara, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "I was caught off guard here by a strange man, Octavius? Octavoo? I’d love to teach that guy a lesson! If you see him around, make sure you give him a good wallop for me!" — Barriara, Cadence of Hyrule
- ↑ "Speaking of problems, there’s a golem attacking anyone that goes near the Gerudo Ruins. Unfortunately, I cannot travel to the ruins with you. I must watch over our prince until he’s a little more…mature." — Barriara, Cadence of Hyrule