Mercay Island is the first island Link finds himself on after he blacks out when trying to rescue Tetra from the Ghost Ship in Phantom Hourglass. On this island is the Temple of the Ocean King, as well as where Link meets his partners Ciela, Linebeck, and Oshus. Link also obtains his first sword here.
Mercay Island is prone to earthquakes which lead to collapsing of the bridges dotting the island. This occurs when Link first sets foot on the turf compelling him to travel through enemy infested caves.
Breath of the Wild
- Main article: Mercay Island (Breath of the Wild)
Mercay Island is a location in Breath of the Wild.
Mercay Village as it appears in Phantom Hourglass
Mercay Island as it appears from the S.S. Linebeck in Phantom Hourglass
Mercay Island from Breath of the Wild
- ↑ "Welcome to Mercay Island's port! You'd normally see sailors coming and going... But rumors that the Ghost Ship has returned have all but shut down our harbor! Except for one brave soul who recently docked his ship, that is.", Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "I'm Ciela. You see, I'm a fairy! I was out fluttering around and found you here. What happened?" — Ciela, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "Oh, him? That's Linebeck!" — Ciela, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "I had only one option. My ocean of strength had drained to just a puddle. Using my last ounce of strength, I cloned myself, just as Ciela did. Then I made a humble home on Mercay Island. I used the Sand of Hours to make the hourglass and enter the temple. I studied my foe, searching for ways to defeat Bellum, and waited for my chance." — Oshus, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "Ciela, I'm sorry I could not tell you sooner. I worried about the spirits of Power and Wisdom. I never expected to find you on the beach. You'd lost your memory, and monsters were nearby. I thought it best to keep quiet until the time came." — Oshus, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "You got Oshus's sword! Tap an enemy or slide the stylus on the Touch Screen.", Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "?Hey, there!? What a gift to meet you! My name is Freedle. I'm but a humble singer who travels the world over with guitar in hand! In honor of our meeting, how about a song? Just a little ditty about a whimsy! It's called "Magic Box"! ?It's a box full of magic!? ?Put in parts! Or treasure! After a time, look inside! And see a surprise!? ?Truly peculiar! From one hand to another! Magical box, indeed!? ?Glorious exchange! Magical box, find out what's inside!? Ta-da!" — Freedle, Phantom Hourglass.