|This article is a stub. You can help the Zelda Dungeon Wiki by.|
A Seagull is an animal that appears in many Legend of Zelda games.
Seagulls appear on occasion in various scenes on Koholint Island, such as while Marin and Link are talking together on Toronbo Shores. Marin loves Seagulls, and she admits to Link while on the beach that she wishes she was a seagull so that she could fly away. If Link manages to complete the game without a single death, Marin appears in the ending credits of the game with wings. In the DX version of the game, Marin's face appears briefly, before fading away into a solitary seagull.
The Wind Waker
Seagulls play an important role in The Wind Waker. Seagulls seem to be attracted to Aryll, and she is the only one they ever approach. She enjoys playing with them at Aryll's Lookout. After Aryll is captured, Tetra is able to identify the room that Aryll is being kept in due to the large amount of seagulls flying outside of its window.
Seagulls also help Link when he places a Hyoi Pear on his head. If a seagull is nearby, it swoops down to eat the pear and Link can temporarily control its movements until it gets hurt. These seagulls can help hit far away switches or even collect a Piece of Heart. Occasionally, Seagulls follow Link while he is at sea. They also gather in great numbers when a Big Octo is near.
Seagulls soar freely over the Great Sea. They love Hyoi Pears above all other foods, and eating them simply steals their hearts.
Seagulls fly alongside the Spirit Train while Link is in the Ocean Realm. He can shoot them with his cannon, then they fly away. Basically, they get hit, slow down, then fly off. However, doves replace the seagulls in most areas. They fall to the ground when shot with the cannon.
Breath of the Wild
"These birds live near the ocean. They eat mainly fish, so a flock of seagulls hovering over water is a good indication of where there are fish. Fishermen use this to their advantage when searching for a catch of their own."
Seagulls are found near the oceans of Hyrule, often in large groups.
- ↑ "... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... If I was a sea gull, I would fly as far as I could! I would fly to far away places and sing for many people! ...If I wish to the Wind Fish, I wonder if my dream will come true... ... ..." — Marin, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "[Link], have you seen your sister, Aryll, this morning? I wouldn't be surprised if she's climbed up to her favorite spot to play with the gulls again today. I've always thought it quite odd... She's the only person I know who the wild gulls will even approach." — Grandma, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hee hee hee! This is my FAVORITE spot to gaze out at the sea. When I play with the gulls, I call it "Aryll's Lookout."" — Aryll, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Ah! I knew it! Look! Over there! By that window! Have you ever seen so many seagulls flock like that before? ...I'll bet you anything that's the place where they've got your sister locked up!" — Tetra, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You got a Hyoi Pear! This special bait allows you to take control of seagulls! Choose your Bait Bag on the Items screen and set it to [Y], [Z], or [X] to use it. When controlling seagulls, tap [A] to flap your wings and accelerate. Press [R] to quit." — In-Game Description, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "If you see seagulls flying all around some sea waters, that's a sign that you need to be wary, fry. Because the seagulls flock to wherever Big Octos appear... BIG OCTOS, I tell you! Those things don't mess around!" — Fishman, The Wind Waker.