Breath of the Wild
Gesane is a Rito who can be found patrolling the bridge that extends over Lake Totori which leads to Rito Village. He carries a Feathered Spear and serves as a guide for the village. When Link first arrives, Gesane mentions that most of the Rito are a bit pre-occupied, due to the trouble that Medoh is causing, but that the shopkeepers of Rito Village would really appreciate your business.
Gesane is surprised that Link doesn't know much about the Rito, of which Gesane tells him that the male Rito are fine archers and the women are great singers. He describes Lake Totori, which surrounds Rito Village, as a place that can be quite dangerous for Hylians like Link. It has rather steep cliffs with no way of getting back up. He jokes that the only way for a Hylian to avoid death would be if he could magically travel to safety. This is exactly what Link can do with the use of his Sheikah Slate.
Face the Frost Talus
- Main article: Face the Frost Talus
Tears of the Kingdom
As part of the Tulin of Rito Village quest, Link will seek out Laissa, Gesane, and Tulin, who are in search for supplies for Rito Village. After finding Laissa at the entrance of the Hebra South Summit Cave, he informs Link that Gesane and Tulin have run up ahead. When Link finds Gesane, he is angry and upset that Tulin ran off after some monsters instead of helping to bring down the food.
When Link first arrives, Gesane is surprised that a Hylian has made it up here in such a fierce Blizzard. Gesane explains that his task was to scavenge food in the area, along with Laissa and Tulin. However, Tulin saw a flock of monsters and went chasing after them, hoping they lead him to their nest. Gesane instructs Link that he can leave the cave and head north, to the lone cedar tree on Talonto Peak. That is most likely where Tulin can be found.
Gesane acknowledges that Tulin is very talented and that everybody admires his ability to generate his own wind gusts. Tulin's problem is that his talent sometimes gets to him, making him think he's unbeatable. He has a tendancy to react rashly.
Gesane later joins with Harth to meet up with Link and Tulin, after they defeat a group of Bokoblin. After Tulin tells the story of how he lost his bow, Gesane seems a bit skeptical, thinking there is more to the story. After questioning him, Tulin then tells the story of how he saw Princess Zelda, and it caused him to drop his guard, which is how his bow was stolen. Gesane encourages Tulin to journey with Link up towards the cloud, in search of Princess Zelda. Although Gesane warns Link to be prepared for anything, as they have no way of knowing what is actually above the clouds.
After the blizzard has passed, Gesane can be found at the broken bridge to Rito Village, near the Lucky Clover Gazette. He is talking to Juannelle, asking if she knows anyone that can help. She recommends asking someone from Lookout Landing, but Gesane cannot send anyone there at the moment due to all the Rito working to rebuild Rito Village. This begins The Rito Rope Bridge side quest.
- ↑ I am Gesane of the Rito. - Gesane
- ↑ Rito Village is just across these bridges. We're all a bit...preoccupied right now, but I'm sure the shops would appreciate your business. - Gesane
- ↑ Yes... "The Rito of Lake Totori. Where the men are fine archers and the women better singers." You being a Hylian, I'm surprised you haven't heard that before. You should visit the village if you get a chance. - Gesane
- ↑ This is Lake Totori. As you can see, it's surrounded by steep cliffs with no way up, do don't go falling in. A Hylian like yourself should treasure especially carefully. Falling in would mean certain death. Unless you could magically travel to safety, of course, but that's be real. - Gesane
- ↑ "What are we going to do with that boy? It's just like him to fly off on his own and leave all the food we collected behind." — Gesane, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "Oh! Well, I'll be! What is a Hylian doing all the way up here in such a fierce blizzard?" — Gesane, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "You're here to talk to Tulin, eh? You just missed him, unfortunately. Our task was to scavenge food in this area, but we just saw a flock of monsters fly past outside the cave. The same ones that have been sighted around the village lately, in fact. I told the others we should return right away to report them, but Tulin clearly wasn't listening at all. He said, "I'm going to follow them back to their nest," and flew off alone before I could protest." — Gesane, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "If you leave the cave and head north, you can spot a lone cedar tree on Talonto Peak. That's where we saw the monsters. No doubt Tulin followed them there." — Gesane, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "If you're going after Tulin, you'll want to head into that cave. I think you'll find him near the lone cedar on Talonto Peak. It's visible to the north after you leave the cave. I hope he's not up to anything reckless." — Gesane, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "I know he thinks he's unbeatable, but he really shouldn't be taking these chances." — Gesane, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "It's not that Tulin is untalented. Far from it. Everyone admires his ability to generate his own gusts. No one else in the village can do anything like it. The problem is he knows he's talented, and it makes him headstrong and prone to acting rashly. His youth doesn't help. But I shouldn't be standing around talking to passing travelers about this. I need to report this to Harth so we can discuss what to do about it." — Gesane, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "Is that all there is to the story? It seems unlike you to let your bow be taken, Tulin." — Gesane, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "Our investigations haven't revealed what's above those clouds. You should be ready for anything before you head out." — Gesane, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "We have no way of knowing what we'll find above those clouds... If I was going up there, I'd make sure I was prepared for the worst." — Gesane, Tears of the Kingdom