Misko's EX Journal
|This article is a stub. You can help the Zelda Dungeon Wiki by expanding it.|
Provides Clues for the locations of several Side Quests.
Misko's EX Journal is a Book from Breath of the Wild. The book was added as part of The Master Trials downloadable content. The book can be found in the southernmost building of the Outpost Ruins. When read it will advance several side quests, including EX Treasure: Ancient Mask, EX Treasure: Fairy Clothes, EX Treasure: Twilight Relic, and EX Treasure: Phantasma.
I hid eight priceless relics I stole from Hyrule Castle in treasure chests... I shall write down their locations. -Misko
The ancient mask lies at the ruins where soldiers gathered. From there, the waters of Lake Kolomo are visible.
The green garments of the man who wished to be a fairy are hidden in the ruins of Hyrule Field. Find these pieces at the ruins where trade flourished... at the ruins where sinners were imprisoned... and at the village ruins next to farmland where many people once gathered.
The princess of twilight, whose stories are handed down alongside those of the Hero of Twilight... Her helmet can be found at the temple ruins soaked in the waters of Regencia River.
Armor worn by fierce phantoms feared even by heroes, is hidden in the ruins of Hyrule Field. Find these pieces at a battleground, where brave souls tested their skill... at ceremonial grounds where royal guards are honored... and at the ruins where the soldiers of Hyrule gathered.
"EX" is all that's written on the last page. What could it mean?
EX Treasure: Ancient Mask
- Main article: EX Treasure: Ancient Mask
This item can be found where Lake Kolomo is visible, which is a reference to the Kolomo Garrison Ruins. The mask is found in the largest part of the ruins, and requires Magnesis to pull the chest out of the ground.
EX Treasure: Fairy Clothes
- Main article: EX Treasure: Fairy Clothes
There are three items in this quest that makeup the Tingle Set. Each of the three hints leads Link to three different ruins found in Hyrule Field.
- Tingle's Tights - The journal points Link to the village ruins next to farmland where many people once gathered. The farmland where people once gathered is the Ranch Ruins, with the Mabe Village Ruins located just to the west. The treasure chest is found underneath the inactive guardian, near a small pond of water.
- Tingle's Hood - The journal points Link to the village ruins where trade once flourished. This refers to the Exchange Ruins, located just northeast of the Coliseum Ruins. The treasure chest can be found under a pile of rubble at the southeast part of the ruins.
- Tingle's Shirt - Misko's journal points Link toward the ruins where sinners were imprisoned. This refers to the Castle Town Prison, located on the island just west of Hyrule Castle. The actual treasure chest is located right in the center of the ruins, just south of where the three statues are located. Use Magnesis to pull up the chest and get the armor.
EX Treasure: Twilight Relic
- Main article: EX Treasure: Twilight Relic
The journal guides Link towards the temple ruins soaked in the water of Regencia River. This is in reference to the Sage Temple Ruins, located just northwest of the Central Tower. The area is defended by some Lizalfos that shoot Shock Arrows. At the west end, there is a pile of stones with a treasure chest buried underneath. Link can use Magnesis to pull it up and acquire Midna's Helmet.
EX Treasure: Phantasma
- Main article: EX Treasure: Phantasma
There are three items in this quest that makeup the Phantom Set. Each of the three hints leads Link to three locations in Hyrule Field.
- Phantom Helmet - The journal points Link towards a battleground, where brave souls tested their skill. This refers to the Coliseum Ruins, located at just north of the Great Plateau. The chest is along the northwestern wall of the ground floor.
- Phantom Armor - The journal points Link towards the ceremonial grounds where royal guards are honored. This refers to the Sacred Ground Ruins located at the north end of Hyrule Field, just south of Hyrule Castle. The chest is located in the shallow pond just southeast of the ceremonial platform.
- Phantom Greaves - The journal points Link to ruins where the soldiers of Hyrule gathered. This is in reference to the Hyrule Garrison Ruins. Specifically, the treasure can be found buried underneath an inactive guardian at the southeast end of the ruins.