Four Swords Adventures
The Gerudo Village is located at the south entrance to the Desert of Doubt. The Gerudos guard the entrance to the Desert Temple and prevent travelers from getting lost in the sandstorms. When the Links arrive, the village is in an uproar over the departure of Ganondorf, the Gerudo man who broke their laws. According to the villagers, he was a special child whose heart became twisted with a desire for power. He broke their laws and is now heading to the temple, which they hold sacred. However, they hope that the trials of the temple will prevent him from entering the Pyramid beyond.
|This section describes a subject that is or may be outside the core Zelda canon.|
Cadence of Hyrule
Gerudo Village in the past has three buildings: the central building, home to the leader of the Gerudo, the Bombchu Bowling Alley, and a shop between them. The central building houses a Piece of Heart that requires Bombs to get, but in order to enter the building the player must complete the Music Puzzle to wake Barriara. The Bombchu Bowling Alley also offers a Piece of Heart if the player can score enough points.
- ↑ "From here on, the sandstorms are brutal. Kids like you will never make it through!" — Gerudo, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "Ganondorf's hometown is inhabited by the Gerudo, a tribe of women who guard ancient ruins and a sacred temple deep in the desert." — p. 110, The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia
- ↑ "Welcome. It's been a long time since we've seen any travelers here. This village is our home. We are the dwellers in the desert, the Gerudo tribe. The village is in a bit of an uproar contending with a man who broke our laws. We can't do much for you, but make yourself at home." — Gerudo, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "Once every 100 years, a special child is born unto my people. That child is destined to be the mighty guardian of the Gerudo and the desert. But this child, its heart grew twisted with every passing year. The child became a man who hungered for power at any price." — Gerudo, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "Curse that Ganondorf! He broke our laws and left for the pyramid... I don't know what he plans, but I am worried..." — Gerudo, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "The pyramid is sacred to our people. To have a criminal such as him enter... His presence stains its holy ground." — Gerudo, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "Tell me, travelers, what brings you to these borderlands? Hmm... I see... You come on word of the maidens, eh? Yes, this Ganondorf you speak of is a member of the Gerudo. But his intent is unknown to me. He has flouted the law and fled for the pyramid. To reach the pyramid, one must first pass the trial of the Desert Temple. The villain Ganondorf will no doubt draw his last breath failing this trial. We've blocked the road to the desert to keep other fools from coming. But considering the crisis in Hyrule, we've no reason to stop you brave lads. Go to the entrance of the village and speak to the guards at the gate." — Gerudo, Four Swords Adventures.