Rafton is a character who appears in Oracle of Ages.Link can set sail towards the third dungeon on Crescent Island, he must obtain a few necessary items to make the trip. Rafton, who lives south of Lynna Village in the Past, builds a Raft for Link to sail there if he has brought the Cheval Rope, which Link must obtain from Cheval's Tomb in the Present. Once Link brings Rafton the Cheval Rope, he begins work on the Raft, but also sends Link to get an Island Chart so that he can navigate the waters to Crescent Island. This Chart can be obtained from Tingle in the Forest of Time.
Later in Link's adventure, he obtains one of the last items in the Trading Sequence, the Magic Oar, from Maple once he trades her the Touching Book. Link can take this Magical Oar to Rafton, who wants to use it to be able to enter a raft race. In exchange, Rafton gives Link the Sea Ukulele, which can then be traded to the Old Zora for the Broken Sword.
- ↑ "If I only had rope that won't decay in water, I could make my raft. I just can't find any.�� There's a fellow named Cheval on the east edge of town who is working on such rope, but I don't think he's done yet." — Rafton, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "With that Cheval Rope, I could finish my raft! Let me have that rope, please! ›OK ›Sorry" — Rafton, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Thank you! Tell you what, you can be the first to ride my raft when it's done. But you'll need a chart if you want to go out to sea. Going without a chart is an invitation to disaster. I'll have the raft ready by the time you get a chart." — Rafton, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Then from today, you and Tingle are friends!�� Yes! Yes! As a sign of our friendship, Tingle will give you his chart that shows the way to the secret island!" — Tingle, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Hey! How goes the rafting? I'm thinking of entering a raft race, but I haven't been able to find a decent oar to race with." — Rafton, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Whoa! That Oar! It looks like a toy... But I like it! Thanks! In exchange... I know! How's this? Lazily playing guitar while gazing at the moon is so nice." — Rafton, Oracle of Ages.