Arrive at Dragon Roost Island
Speak with Koboli
Sort 25 Letters at the Mail Center
Part-Time Job is a Side Quest from The Wind Waker.
When Link first arrives at Dragon Roost Island and enters the Rito Aerie, he take take part-time in a mini-game at the Mail Center. After talking with Koboli, Link can help with Mail Sorting. Due to the events surrounding Valoo, a lot of the Rito are pre-occupied and Koboli needs help sorting letters. He even asks Link if he knows anybody else that is looking for work.
- Main article: Mail Sorting
Koboli will intially ask Link to help sort 10 Letters. After successfully doing so, he will then ask Link to sort 20 letters and then 25 letters. After successfully sorting 25-letters, Koboli will comment that they have hired a part-time worker and he has just arrived. If Link heads outside and then comes back inside, he'll find that Baito can be now be found working behind the counter, sorting mail.
If Link never speaks with Koboli the first time he arrives at Dragon Roost Island, and instead just progresses in the story and completes Dragon Roost Cavern, Baito will still arrive, but he'll be wandering around outside. He seems a bit lost, uncertain how he can be able to climb up to reach the Rito Aerie. Link will need to complete the initial letter sorting with Koboli to get Baito to arrive.
Note to Mom
- Main article: Note to Mom
Once Baito does arrive, Link can speak with him and continue taking part in the Mail Sorting mini-game. Baito would like to see Link's legendary 25-letter sorting ability. After successfully sorting 25 letters, Baito will be so impressed with Link, that Baito wants to write to his Mom to tell her what he witnessed. He will ask Link to send a Letter in the Postbox. Despite working at the Mail Center, he cannot bring himself to just dropping his letter with the rest of the envelopes, as it is against the rules.
Link is then able to drop the Note to Mom in any nearby Postbox. If he drops it in the Postbox at Dragon Roost Island, postage will cost 5 Rupees.
Shortly after dropping off the letter, when Link arrives at another island, the Postbox will be shaking, indicating that he received a letter. The letter is from Kashiko, Baito's mom. She thanks Link for her kindness towards her son and will reward Link with a Piece of Heart.
- ↑ Prima Games The Wind Waker HD Collector's Edition Strategy Guide, pg. 89
- ↑ "No? Well, that's not any kind of good news. In fact, it's bad. The thing is, this hoopla with the great Valoo has left me without enough help." — Koboli, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "No? Well, too bad for us, I guess. Can't say I'm happy to hear that. With everyone out patrolling the island at night, we've been a bit shorthanded." — Koboli, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Well, now! I've not seen your young face before. Nope. Don't believe so. Hmm? You wouldn't be here in response to our posting for some part-time help, would you? Yes No" — Koboli, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Are you looking for work? Yes No No? Well, we're looking for help, so tell anyone you know who needs work, will you?" — Koboli, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Before time runs out, you have to sort at least ten letters!" — Koboli, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "OK! If you can sort 20 or more letters, you'll see some nice financial gain!" — Koboli, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "If you can sort twenty-five letters or more, your salary will really jump! I mean it!" — Koboli, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "My problem is, I just have no idea how I'm supposed to get up there, and I have a job interview..." — Baito, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I've got a bad feeling about this, man. How am I supposed to get up there?" — Baito, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You're a legend among the part-timers here! I really admire you, man! Just once, I'd love to see the legendary twenty-five letter sort!" — Baito, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I'm so impressed! Seriously, man! I've gotta tell my mom back home all about this. I just gotta! I've got a favor to ask of you, man. I'm still new here, so I'm not allowed to leave. So, would you mind putting this letter to my mom in the postbox for me?" — Baito, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I guess I could just throw it in here with all the other letters, but... I just can't bring myself to do it! It's against the rules, man!" — Baito, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "To my son's superior, Thank you very much for looking after my boy. This isn't much, but I hope you'll accept it all the same. I politely request your continued kindness toward my son. Kashiko (Baito's mother)" — Kashiko, The Wind Waker.