Dorian is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Dorian lives in Kakariko Village alongside his two young daughters, Koko and Cottla. His deceased wife is buried just north of the village, although Dorian has not revealed to his daughters that their mother is gone. He lies to them, to avoid telling them the truth. However, his older daughter Koko has become aware of this, while his younger daughter Cottla still thinks his mother is around somewhere.
Dorian and Cado are two of the guards that protect the entrance to Lady Impa's house within Kakariko Village. Dorian wears traditional Sheikah clothing and when Link first approaches, Dorian and Cado initially give resistance to allowing Link to pass. Upon seeing the Sheikah Slate, Cado realizes who Link is and the two guards apologize.  Dorian indicates that Impa has been waiting quite some time for Link to arrive. Before Link meets Impa, Dorian and Cado will never leave their guard, always standing at the base of Impa's staircase.
After speaking with Impa, Dorian will then take on a more traditional schedule. He stands guard in front of Impa's house for most of the day and will tell Link about the various shops in the village, as well as the local Inn. He also mentions the Great Fairy Fountain that is up the hill from the village. He's too intimidated to visit the fairy fountain himself, but encourages Link to do so. Dorian will stand, regardless of the weather, stating that the Sheikah clothing that he wears is actually quite comfortable and is resilient to move rain and lightning.
Dorian's guard duty will end at midnight, at which point he will walk home. At nighttime he will take off his hat and sits right beside the bed of his two daughters. He remains awake for most of night, as he is having trouble sleeping. This is likely due to his wife recently being killed by the Yiga Clan.
After sleeping for 4-hours, Dorian will awake at 8am, where he sits underneath a tree just outside his home. He chats with his two daughters, telling them stories about the village.  Dorian will tell the story about the Great Fairy that can be found up the hill, beyond the shrine. He tries to scare off his daughters so that they don't venture too far away. It works on Koko, but the curiosity just encourages Cottla to explore. At 11am, Dorian will get and will head back to work, guarding Impa's house.
Dorian is actually an ex-member of the Yiga Clan, who was sent to Kakariko Village as a spy, but fell in love with a local woman there. Behind the Yiga's back, he ended up having two daughters. These daughters made him want to sever ties with the clan. In retaliation to the deviation, the Yiga murdered Dorian's wife in cold blood as a reminder of his loyalties, with threats of his children being killed keeping him in line.
- ↑ Mother is...sleeping here. She's probably making friends in heaven... Father thinks it's best not to tell us she's gone. But Koko knows. That's why Koko must be strong! - Koko
- ↑ Father is bad at lying. Cottla is just too young to realize it... Oh! Please don't tell Cottla you saw Koko her today! - Koko
- ↑ You there! Who are you?! How dare you trespass upon Lady Impa's abode! Hm? Is that...a Sheikah Slate? But that would mean you are... No, it's not possible. Can it be? - Cado
- ↑ Please forgive us for behaving so rudely. Of course we have heard the legends from Lady Impa herself. Please, friend... Go ahead and step inside. - Dorian
- ↑ Lady Impa has been waiting on you for a long time. There is much I would like to tell you as well... But first, please hurry and see what Lady Impa has to say. - Dorian
- ↑ What are you doing up so late? Monsters roam about at night. It's way too dangerous to wander around. There's an inn in this village. Why not go rest there until morning? - Dorian
- ↑ If you need anything, please find it here in our village. The clothing shop, materials shop, general shop, and inn should be able to provide everything you need. Oh, and just between you and me, there's also a shrine in the hills of this village. They say up and behind those hills resides Kakariko's guardian spirit. I hear she's incredibly beautiful. I'm too intimidated to go see for myself, though... It's said that she offers a special blessing to those that visit her... You should go there and see for yourself. - Dorian
- ↑ Ha, so that's how it looks! Makes sense. Please allow me to explain. The Sheikah tribe was once quite technologically advanced. This outfit I wear was specially made using Sheikah technology. It keeps the rain off and also wards off lightning. I may look soaking wet, but I assure you, I'm actually quite comfortable. - Dorian
- ↑ Ah, Master Link... It's gotten so late. - Dorian
- ↑ Master Link... I've had a lot on my mind lately, so it's been difficult to sleep well. Same for you, I imagine? Well, in any case, you should get some rest at the inn when you're tired. - Dorian
- ↑ My wife...the mother of my children... she was killed by the Yiga Clan. That is why Koko now acts as Cottla's mother. If only... If only I had been able to stop them... - Dorian
- ↑ I'm off to meet my daughters. I'm going to tell them stories about our village under the tree my wife so loved. My stories are always the same though. I hope they don't mind! - Dorian
- ↑ My wife used to tell all kinds of stories under this tree... Now it's up to me to pass those stories on to our children. I'm not as good at it as she was, though... - Dorian
- ↑ Are you taking a break as well, Master Link? If so, allow me to introduce my precious daughters, Koko and Cottla. Any moment I can spend with my girls is a gift. I always end up boring them with the same stories, though. - Dorian
- ↑ There's a shrine right above this hill, guarding the Sheikah tribe. Sometimes from the forest behind it, you can hear... a woman sobbing! ...Heh! That's the story I'm telling the children right now, anyway. Actually, the location I speak of is where the village's guardian spirit resides. But lately monsters have been lurking there, and it's become quite dangerous. I'm scaring my daughters so the won't go near that forest... It works on Koko, but for some reason, those stories just excite Cottla... - Dorian
- ↑ Oh! Well, if it isn't Master Link. I'll go back to guarding Lade Impa's home now. The Yiga Clan has been snooping around, so please be careful, Master Link. - Dorian