Zelda Dungeon Wiki:Featured Article Nominations
- 1 Process
- 2 Rules
- 3 Currently Nominated Articles
- 3.1 Example
- 3.2 Octorok
- 3.3 Elde Inn
- 3.4 Zant
- 3.5 The Legend of Zelda Dungeons (Second Quest)
- 3.6 Hilda
- 3.7 Oocca
- 4 Voting Archives
- 5 Currently Featured Articles
An article is nominated here, and the nominator describes why the article is worthy of featuring in short intro which they then sign with their signature. The article should be linked to in the section header. Followed by subsections Support and Oppose. Each section will have a numbered list of people stating briefly why they support or oppose the article. Support and opposition votes count towards a running total, with support votes adding to the total and opposition votes subtracting from it. The initial nomination does not count towards the total. When the article is at positive or negative five points for at least a week, the voting is considered finalized. Anyone can retract their opposition votes if they believe that their concerns about the article have been met.
- Personal like or dislike of the subject is not valid grounds for approving or disapproving of an article's nomination.
- Each person gets vote once for or against each nomination.
- Sign each vote with your signature using ~~~~ and place it at the end of your vote on the same line, failing to do so breaks automatic numbering.
- Using multiple accounts to vote warrants an immediate three month ban on the main account and permanent ban on the alternates.
Currently Nominated Articles
This is an example of a nomination.
- Support votes go here.
- Opposition votes go here.
Staff maintain a total of votes for nomination here.
Octorok has been a very notable enemy, appearing in every game save Twilight Princess. It's only appropriate that such a notable enemy has a very complete article. While I wouldn't say this article is at its maximum potential, it certainly is far more complete than most of what we have on this Wiki. Zenox 18:30, January 8, 2013 (CST)
- While this page does have a decent amount of info, it is still not up to par with what we can do. The formatting is sloppy, the writing is vague, and it doesn't have a nice wiki-looking-like look. Fused shadows 20:49, January 24, 2013 (CST)
- Like what Fused said, the page has a good amount of info. However, it falls short from other great pages from bad formatting, its broad way of writing, and not a good layout/look. :) Odd300 :) 13:32, January 27, 2013 (CST)
- Unfortunately, I believe that the very reason stated for this article's nomination is its downfall. The Octorok IS a very notable enemy, and it SHOULD have a very complete article -- but this isn't it. Many sections are small and insufficient. The gallery is expansive, but far from complete, with obvious omissions like the DS titles. The page as a whole seems very haphazard and disorganized; the pictures should probably be spread across the article a bit more to make it seem less like a ton of tiny sections of text. It's hard to get a nomination-worthy page for an enemy with so many appearances, and while it can be done, this is far from it. Heroine of Time (talk) 02:56, December 31, 2013 (MST)
The Elde Inn plays such a small role in Twilight Princess, and most don't even know it exists. This page is jam-packed with info, references, trivia, and an all around great look. A couple of images of the interior would really put it over the top, but it's still great without those images. This page deserves a nomination. Fused shadows 20:14, January 28, 2013 (CST)
- I think this is a great article and like you said there is a lot of information, trivia, references all for such a small location. Also you said it could do with some pics of the interior and I managed to get some. So I think this is page is pretty much complete, great job btw! Justac00lguy 22:12, March 10, 2013 (GMT)
- This is a wonderful page with a lot of information for a minor location. Containing trivia, references, and images, this is a great standard for pages on the Wiki. :) Odd300 :) 18:07, April 29, 2013 (CDT)
Zant is one of the pivotal figures within Twilight Princess and I think this page is great representation of both an amazing villain and boss. This specific article includes a lot of information, including his origins, his role in the story and the boss battle, while containing a vast gallery which is complemented by a range of references. If anything this page could probably do with a couple more references and maybe some more info within the trivia section. However, I think this article is adequate enough to be featured on the main page.Justac00lguy 10:35, June 15, 2013 (CDT)
- I've thought about this nomination for a long time. I've carefully read through the page, making sure it was perfect being I supported it. But I believe now it is ready. Although, a couple more references couldn't hurt. Other than that, I'm loving this page. fused_shadows ( |U) 00:32, August 3, 2013 (CDT)
- Looking through the article it seems to be thoroughly created with lots of important information using well-constructed grammar (important to grammar nazis such as myself...), and a nice amount of trivia with relevant images. En Dabuwya (talk) 20:35, November 27, 2013 (CST) 13:36, November 27, 2013, (AEDT)
- Okay, seriously, why haven't I voted for this yet? I swear this is the fifth time or something I've come here to do so... Anyway, this is an excellent page. Images are well-placed and abundant, and it isn't lacking in references. From what I've read, it seems to be written well. It appears pretty complete. I see no reason why it shouldn't be featured, especially considering how long we've gone without a new feature. Heroine of Time (talk) 17:57, December 9, 2013 (MST)
If I may, I'd like to nominate all of Second Quest dungeon pages from The Legend of Zelda as a whole. When I found that there was almost no information about these dungeons on the Zelda Dungeon Wiki, I took it upon myself to create them. When I researched other Wikis for information, I again found little to no information about them, which drove me to want to create the best pages that I could. Using the First Quest dungeon pages as a base for formatting, I re-wrote almost all of the information for each Second Quest dungeon page, adding as much information as I could. I played through the game multiple times to collect all of the screenshots, edit them, and also to verify minute details for each dungeon. As a whole, the 9 dungeon pages took a lot of time and effort to create. Along with the fact that this amount of detail for the Second Quest dungeons is hard to find, I strongly believe that this project deserves to be featured, so that many visitors of Zelda Dungeon can be aware that the information is here to be used.Stimpy789 (talk) 23:06, October 20, 2013 (MDT)
- I couldn't agree more. Those pages are great, with excellent content and images. It doesn't matter which one of those is featured, as long as one is. fused_shadows ( |U) 16:53, October 21, 2013 (MDT)
I think this page is definitely worthy of being featured. It's lengthy, has tons of references and images, and, best of all, it's complete, with pretty much everything that can be said about Hilda right there on one page. It'd also be great to feature the page of one of the main characters from the latest Zelda game. This information is not available everywhere yet, especially on the other wikis, so it's a fantastic candidate. Heroine of Time (talk) 19:00, December 25, 2013 (MST)
- This page is awesome. Nothing more to say. fused_shadows ( |U) 09:49, December 26, 2013 (MST)
- I thoroughly agree. It's got everything and it's the perfect page to be featured at this current time. Justac00lguy (talk) 16:12, December 26, 2013 (MST)
- With many images, references, and information about Hilda, it is a great candidate for being Featured. Odd300 ( |Uplds) 14:34, December 31, 2013 (MST)
- I like Hilda. Put it up. ~Josh (Talk) 14:49, March 21, 2014 (MST)
- Hmm, I hope I'm doing this right. The article is very detailed with game citations, high quality images, and trivia. My only gripe is the number of uncreated pages linked to although that doesn't directly impact the quality of this article. A LINK IN TIME (talk)
This page is probably one of the better ones we have regarding a Zelda Race. It has full sections regarding the Oocca's origin, physical characteristics, and in-game relevance. It is also packed with images and references, and has a nice trivia section. It is the peak of a page for Races, and I think it'd be great to have it as a featured article. fused_shadows ( |U) 12:11, January 3, 2014 (MST)
- This page is very well done in my opinion. Lots of information, which is appropriately segregated and it is complete with images, trivia, and references. Oh did I mention this page is about man bird-like people? Yes, this is the kind of quality that our articles should have. Justac00lguy (talk) 13:49, January 8, 2014 (MST)