Essences of Nature
- Not to be confused with the Essences of Time.
The Essences of Nature are eight sacred relics controlling nature and growth. Link must traverse eight dungeons in Oracle of Seasons to collect the essences. As he does so, the Maku Tree will gradually regain his strength until he is powerful enough to produce a Maku Seed that will overcome the barrier enshrouding Onox's Castle.
- Main article: Fertile Soil
"Seeds scattered across bountiful lands are nourished in this Fertile Soil!"
Gift of Time
- Main article: Gift of Time
"Seeds sprout as seasons change with the Gift of Time!"
- Main article: Bright Sun
"Young shoots grow quickly under the warm rays of the Bright Sun!"
- Main article: Soothing Rain
"Bathed in drops of Soothing Rain, shoots grow into saplings!"
- Main article: Nurturing Warmth
"Balmy days build strong saplings with their Nurturing Warmth!"
- Main article: Blowing Wind
"Sweet fruit is born when pollen is carried by the Blowing Wind!"
Seed of Life
- Main article: Seed of Life
"Life begins anew when birds carry this, the Seed of Life, to new lands!"
- Main article: Changing Seasons
"Scattered seeds sprout in spring, grow in summer, bear fruit in fall and sleep through winter. It is an endless cycle of life... the Changing Seasons!"
- ↑ "What's to be done, Link? With the seasons in chaos, the land is robbed of the very essence of nature, draining all of my might! Can you save Din in my stead? It is all this Maku Tree has ever asked! I sense evil on the Northern Peak, where the Temple of Seasons rested! Onox has cast a shadow on the Northern Peak. I think you will find him there. You'll need the eight Essences of Nature that lie sleeping in Holodrum. Gathering all eight is the only option. The essences possess the sacred power of nature, with which you can break the shadow barrier and save Din. Shall I repeat it? :›Yes ›No" — Maku Tree, Oracle of Seasons.