Later, while Link is traversing through the Volcano Summit area, he finds the entrance to the Fire Sanctuary blocked by a large wall of flames. Like in the previous few rooms, a switch resembling a tongue is situated above the fire, and Link must "quench its thirst" with water in order to remove the flames. However, Gorko tells him that the switch is too big to just pour water from a Bottle. He says that not only will he need a larger container, but also a larger amount of water. Fi agrees and suggests that Link begins with the latter problem. If Link returns to the small spring where he previously found the water, he finds a Mogma named Ledd waiting for him. When Link explains his situation to him, he suggests heading to Lake Floria to find water. Fi seconds his advice, and then she adds that Link can probably ask the Water Dragon, Faron, to use her basin. Link can then set the basin as a Dowsing target.
Link heads to Lake Floria and speaks with the Water Dragon. Faron allows him to take her Water Basin to the volcano to put out the fire there. In order to carry the large basin, Fi calls Scrapper to take it for them.
Upon returning to the Eldin Province, Scrapper hurries to try and make it to the Surface before Link and ends up in the Eldin Volcano region instead of on the summit. Scrapper, noticing the monsters around the area, tells Link that he is too busy carrying the basin to deal with them and that Link must protect him on their way up to the summit. If Scrapper is hurt by the enemies too much, then he malfunctions and they have to retreat back to the bottom of the mountain. Finally, when they reach the entrance to the Fire Sanctuary, Scrapper pours the water from the basin on to the switch and removes the fire. He can then continue inside.
- ↑ "The wounds he's given me are stubborn things. I have been forced to recuperate in this basin of sacred water. Unfortunately, the healing properties of the sacred water have diminished, and I am now in need of another dose to freshen up my healing bath. Bring me the container of fresh sacred water that I require." — Faron, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Quench my thirst to clear your path." — Sign, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "All I can say is that is a big frog with a big thirst. I do not think the amount of water one of your little bottles can hold is going to cut it this time." — Gorko, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Hmmm... You will have to have a big container to hold the water needed for this job. Got anything like that? And speaking of which, where are you going to get all the water? I gotta say, I am pretty much stumped." — Gorko, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Master [Link], I detect no water in the immediate vicinity. Of course, you will need a large basin to proceed past the impediment, but you will also need water. I recommend you start with that task." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Well, look who we have here! You still looking for your friend?
Of course, I'm on the hunt for treasure. Heard there were some fancy ruins out this way...so here I am!
Believe it or not, I haven't found a thing. Got any information for me?
- Want to know? :I'm not telling!" — Ledd, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "What? There's some fire blocking your path? Why don'tcha just pour some water on it and move on? Ya need how much water? Whoa... I get it. So the water we got here's not enough, right? You know, I hear the little water we got here is fed by some far-off water source called Lake Floria. So a buddy of mine went huntin' for treasure in Faron Woods, and he told me he used the waterways there to find his way back home. He tells me Lake Floria was just about the biggest lake you could imagine. Bet if you checked it out, there'd be enough water there to solve your dilemma." — Ledd, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "A report, Master [Link]. I recommend following the Mogma's advice and returning to Lake Floria. I also have some advice pertinent to the situation. It concerns a method for transporting water from the lake... I suggest you visit the Water Dragon. I conjecture that you can transport a large volume of water using the water basin that the previously injured Water Dragon recuperated in." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Would you like me to analyze previous data and register the vessel as a dowsing target?
- Yes! :Not yet." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Ah, it's you. Tell me, are you mastering the power that dwells within your sword? Oh? You wish to borrow my water basin? Hmm... Very well. I have recovered, and I have no intention of having to soak in it again soon! Begone with it. It's yours to use as you please." — Faron, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "To transport the Water Dragon's basin to the volcano, you will need to enlist the service of that transport robot. Shall I send word to him?
- Call him! :Not that guy..." — Scrapper, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Zrrrt! This is the entrance to the volcano! I better get there before Master Shortpants!" — Scrapper, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "What's going on, brzzt? I almost blew a rotor trying to slow myself during that descent, zrbt... Anyway, this is where you wanted the water, right? WHAT?! THE SUMMIT? Why didn't you say so from the start, bzzrt? I don't want to carry this thing back to the sky. IT'S HEAVY, BRZZZT! Bzzzrt...zrrbt...tzzptrr." — Scrapper, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "This place is, zrrrt, swarming with monsters. Vrrrrrm..." — Scrapper, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "I bust up enemies like a junkyard wrecker, zzizat! Too bad I've got my mitts full with this basin, bzzz..." — Scrapper, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Hey, Master Shortpants! Since we came all this way, let's play a little game called "protect the robot," bzzrt! Here's how it works--I'll follow you up the volcano, zzzrt, and you make sure nothing touches me. Got it? Good!" — Scrapper, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Your job is simple, zzrrt! You make sure none of these monsters lays a claw on me. NOT...ONE...CLAW!" — Scrapper, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "MAL-MAL-MALfunction! Zzrrt! Too...zzrrggt...damage...bzzzz..." — Scrapper, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "You want me to pour the water on this? No problem, zzzbrt!" — Scrapper, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "The flames blocking your path have been fully extinguished. I recommend proceeding ahead." — Fi, Skyward Sword.