Medda is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Breath of the Wild
Medda wakes up bright and early at 5am each morning to go work at his farm located just behind his house. Sometimes Medda has too much food than his family needs, at which point he still harvests all the produce and sends it over to Pruce over at the East Wind for him to sell. While Medda is working the fields, Link can talk to him about Mount Lanayru and the Spring of Wisdom located to the north.
Medda is a bit more talkative at night time when he sits down. He welcomes Link to his home, but questions why he is at his home at such an abnormal hour. Medda is observant of the town and finds that the way the owner of the Kochi Dye Shop talks to be funny, as well as the way that Seldon runs around town. After he sits down, takes off his hat, and rests at the chair right beside his daughters bed, he will eventually fall asleep in the chair, despite having an open bed nearby. He will pass out after midnight, although Link can wake him up at anytime. He enjoys falling asleep watching his daughter dream. Whenever it is raining outside during the day time, Medda will run over to the pond that is nearby and look at the water to check on the irrigation.
The Spring of Wisdom
- Main article: The Spring of Wisdom
Medda is infatuated with Mount Lanayru and the Spring of Wisdom. He mentions that Princess Zelda once visited the spring for purification. He notes that it is currently engulfed in ice and that there might be treasure up there. This will being a Shrine Quest titled, The Spring of Wisdom.
- ↑ Another day of work! Yup... - Medda
- ↑ Rain or shine, do that work for my daughter. Guess that's life, and not a bad one. - Medda
- ↑ I'm the guy that works the field, obviously. Sometimes, the crops yield more than I need to feed myself. When that happens, I harvest all the produce and send it over to Mr. Pruce's place, East Wind. - Medda
- ↑ Ask anyone what the most famous mountain visible from Hateno Village is, and they'll tell you Mount Lanayru. - Medda
- ↑ The Spring of Wisdom is a place where the princesses of Hyrule Castle used to go to do some kind of ceremony. No idea exactly what kind of ceremony, but anyway, it's not a place where us ordinary folk go. No princesses here. - Medda
- ↑ Awwwww... Guess it's time to knock off for the day... ...Uh-oh. Someone heard me talking to myself. Oh, well. If you want to talk, come find me when I get settled. Not a good walk-and-talker. - Medda
- ↑ *yawn* Hm... I'll stay up and watch my daughter sleep... Uh-oh, you again. If you need to talk to me, just give me a chance to park myself, OK? I think better when I'm not moving. - Medda
- ↑ Oh, hey! Traveler, right? Welcome! Or that's what I WOULD say... This is pretty abnormal hour for official welcoming, though. - Medda
- ↑ Well... I guess it's OK this time, but... I don't really have any welcome gossip... No real "talk of the town," per se... I guess I could give my personal highlights? - Medda
- ↑ I guess if I had to name attractions... I'm partial to the funny-talking guy at the dye shop or Mr. Seldon's running... Guess a running man isn't an attraction... Oh, but we have a view of that famous mountain to the north, Mount Lanayru. - Medda
- ↑ Sometimes, I can't help but watch my sweet little daughter sleep at night. Dreaming her dreams... Guess you'd have to be a parent to understand. But lemme tell you, it sure leaves me sleepy in the morning! - Medda
- ↑ You can probably tell, but I'm checking the reservoir... Irrigation, you know? If you don't keep an eye on the water flow, the crops can drown. - Medda
- ↑ Yeah, Mount Lanayru's interesting... The Spring of Wisdom the princess of Hyrule used for purification is said to be somewhere on that mountain. A special fountain? That the princess had to endure hardship to visit? I bet the royal family left a treasure there! ...Well, at least maybe they could've. I would've if I was royal. Anyway, Mount Lanayru is a mysterious place, and it's engulfed in ice. If there IS treasure, no one's getting it. Well...if you have some time to kill, feel free to have a look around up there. - Medda