Magda is a character from Breath of the Wild.
Magda stands at the Floret Sandbar, the island located in West Necluda, right on the Hylia River. Presumably she arrived at the island, using the raft located right near where she is standing. She stands outside of the Hila Rao Shrine to admire the flowers she planted around the shrine.
After reaching the Hila Rao Shrine and activating the pedestal, the color of the Shrine will change. If Link speaks with Magda, she will comment about the color changing, thinking that the shrine is happy with all the flowers she planted.
Watch Out for the Flowers
- Main article: Watch Out for the Flowers
Magda is very protective of the flowers she planted around the shrine, and she will get angry if Link steps on them. Link can begin the quest by talking to Magda, where she encourages Link to take a closer look, but not to step on them. Alternatively, the first time Link steps on the flowers, Magda will get mad, and this will trigger the start of the quest.
Once the quest has started, Link will need to navigate around the flowers to reach the shrine. Link can do so by either carefully navigating the maze of flowers, using Revali's Gale, or by leaping off the top of the tree and Paragliding towards the shrine. If at any point Link steps on the flowers, Magda will yell at him and he will appear back where she is standing. Magda will get angrier each time Link steps on the flowers and if he does so three times, she completely loses it. She will trample across all of her flowers, give Link a death stare, and then charge right at him. Magda will cause Link to lose three hearts of health, and if Link has less than that, he will be left with just 1/4 heart of health remaining. This behavior has earned her the nickname Flowerblight Ganon, given to her by the Zelda community.
- ↑ Please take some time to really admire the flowers. I worked so hard to plant them... - Magda
- ↑ You're not stepping on my flowers, are you?! - Magda
- ↑ Look! Do you see? The shrine has changed to a pretty color! It must be pleased with my gorgeous flowers! - Magda
- ↑ Look! Aren't they lovely? I wanted to see how the shrine would look with flowers around it! and it's wonderful! Please feel free to take a closer look. Just don't step on them! - Magda
- ↑ Hey! What do you think you're doing?! You must not harm the flowers! - Magda
- ↑ I planted flowers around the shrine. Please be careful where you step. You don't want to hurt them, do you? - Magda
- ↑ No! You must not hurt the flowers! They are screaming out in pain! - Magda
- ↑ How many times do I have to say it?! Please treat the flowers with care! They're living things, you know! - Magda
- ↑ So many times... I've lost count of how many times I've told you... It's just so many now... How do you not understand? Why don't you get it? ARGGG!! NOOOOOOO!!
I worked day...after day...after day...to plant these flowers... Then you come and hurt them...over...and over...
I will make you understand...
the flowers' rage!!! - Magda