Father's Letter is an item in The Wind Waker. It is a letter written by the Rito Chieftain to his son, Prince Komali. When Link first meets the Chieftain, Quill suggests that Komali may open up to Link due to his courage. As a result, the Chieftain then asks Link to visit his son. When Link agrees, the Chieftain explains that he wants Link to give Komali an item, which happens to be the Father's Letter, and that Medli is currently in possession of it. Quill then gives Link the Delivery Bag, which can be used to carry the letter.
Link finds Medli in one of the upper rooms. After introducing herself, she gives him the Father's Letter and tells him where to find Komali. However, when Link speaks with Komali, the prince is not very happy and mocks his father's encouragement within the letter, saying he doesn't need tp get a scale from the angry Valoo. Because Link's name was mentioned in the letter, Komali tells him that he is nosy. He refuses to listen to anything else that Link says unless he can calm down the Ritos' guardian spirit, Valoo.
- ↑ "You accepted Father's Letter! It is a letter from a father addressed to his son. Since you've just received a fine Delivery Bag, why not use it to carry this letter down to Komali? When you want to take it out, choose your Delivery Bag on the Items screen and set this letter to [Y], [Z], or [X]." — In-Game Description, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Chieftain, what do you think of consulting [Link] with regards to your son, Prince Komali? As you can see, [Link] is a gallant young lad! I feel certain that Prince Komali would open his heart to him and speak freely of his fears and worries." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "What say you? Will you share some of your courage with my son?" — Rito Chieftain, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I have something I wish for you to give to my son. A young girl named Medli is holding it for me. Would you find her and take it?" — Rito Chieftain, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Here, [Link], take this with you! Who knows? It might come in handy." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You should find Medli in one of the upper rooms. Leave the great Valoo to us. In the meanwhile, do your best to aid Prince Komali!" — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, me? I'm an attendant to the great sky spirit, Valoo. My name is Medli. Well, to tell the truth... I'm not an attendant quite yet. I'm actually still studying to be one. Oh, what am I thinking? Here! This is from the chieftain. [Link], he wants you to give this directly to Prince Komali. The room way in the back on the first floor is Prince Komali's room. You have to go down a couple steps to get there." — Medli, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, sure, telling me to be brave is easy enough for him... It's not like he's the one who went through that horrible experience... It's not like HE still has to go get a scale from Valoo." — Komali, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You're in this letter, too, you know... Poking your nose in other people's business... You're nosy, aren't you?" — Komali, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "What? Are you trying to say that YOU can calm Valoo down? Psssssh! That's just a big, fat lie! It's easy to SAY you can do anything! Bragging doesn't cost a thing! I'll tell you what: If you can find me someone who can get past all the obstacles on Dragon Roost to get to Valoo... THEN I'll listen to anything you say!" — Komali, The Wind Waker.