Temporary Hearts are yellow Heart Containers from Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity which do not refill when damage is taken. They are lost before damage is taken to permanent Heart Containers, shown in red.
Breath of the Wild
Link can obtain temporary hearts by:
- Eating Hearty Meals, cooked in a Cooking Pot with Hearty ingredients such as Hearty Radish, Hearty Durian or Hearty Truffle, or by drinking Hearty Elixir.
- Sleeping in an upgraded bed in an Inn or Stable, such as a Soft Bed or Blissful Water Bed.
- Having health refilled by Mipha's Grace or Mipha's Grace + on being reduced to zero health.
|Temporary Hearts Gained Per Ingredient Cooked|
|Five Hearts||Big Hearty Radish|
|Four Hearts||Big Hearty Truffle, Hearty Durian, Hearty Salmon|
|Three Hearts||Hearty Radish, Hearty Blueshell Snail|
|Two Hearts||Hearty Bass|
|One Heart||Hearty Truffle|
Temporary Hearts do not help in obtaining the Master Sword - Link must have 13 permanent Heart Containers to successfully pull it from its pedestal.
Age of Calamity
Temporary Hearts are obtained by cooking one of five meals before a mission which allow the players' characters to start battle with extra health. The meals in question are:
- Vegetable Risotto (Start Battle with +1 Health)
- Curry Rice (Start Battle with +2 Health)
- Seafood Paella (Start Battle with +3 Health)
- Gourmet Poultry Pilaf (Start Battle with +4 Health)
- Ceremonial Platter (Start Battle with +5 Health)
All warriors chosen for the scenario receive the temporary hearts.
Link with two Temporary Hearts (and 27 permanent Heart Containers) in Breath of the Wild