Jump to navigation Jump to search
Temporary Hearts are yellow Heart Containers from Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity which do not refill when damage is taken. They are lost before damage is taken to permanent Heart Containers, shown in red.
Breath of the Wild
TODO: Need more detail about how many temp hearts can be earned from different sources
Care to do so?
Link can obtain temporary hearts by:
- Eating Hearty Meals, cooked in a Cooking Pot with Hearty ingredients such as Hearty Radish, Hearty Durian or Hearty Truffle, or by drinking Hearty Elixir.
- Sleeping in an upgraded bed in an Inn or Stable, such as a Soft Bed or Blissful Water Bed.
- Having health refilled by Mipha's Grace or Mipha's Grace + on being reduced to zero health.
|Temporary Hearts Gained Per Ingredient Cooked|
|Five Hearts||Big Hearty Radish|
|Four Hearts||Big Hearty Truffle, Hearty Durian, Hearty Salmon|
|Three Hearts||Hearty Radish, Hearty Blueshell Snail|
|Two Hearts||Hearty Bass|
|One Heart||Hearty Truffle|
Temporary Hearts do not help in obtaining the Master Sword - Link must have 13 permanent Heart Containers to successfully pull it from its pedestal.
Age of Calamity
Temporary Hearts are obtained by cooking one of five meals before a mission which allow the players' characters to start battle with extra health. The meals in question are:
- Vegetable Risotto (Start Battle with +1 Health)
- Curry Rice (Start Battle with +2 Health)
- Seafood Paella (Start Battle with +3 Health)
- Gourmet Poultry Pilaf (Start Battle with +4 Health)
- Ceremonial Platter (Start Battle with +5 Health)
All warriors chosen for the scenario receive the temporary hearts.
Link with two Temporary Hearts (and 27 permanent Heart Containers) in Breath of the Wild