Safe Zones are special areas in the games Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. They are small areas covered in glowing purple tiles that evil cannot reach. Phantoms cannot see, attack, or follow anyone standing in the Safe Zones. Red jars can also be used to create small Safe Zone circles. Although they still make Link invisible to Phantoms, the enemies can walk through them. These created Safe Zones reset when Link changes floors.
Safe Zones appear in the Temple of the Ocean King and Ghost Ship in Phantom Hourglass. In the Temple of the Ocean King, not only does it protect Link from the Phantoms, but it also prevents the life draining effects of the temple and stops the sand in the Phantom Hourglass while he is standing in them. There is also a fake safe zone in the temple on B8 that can be identified by it not having the floor animation that other Safe Zones have. On the Ghost Ship, Safe Zones protect Link from Reaplings instead of Phantoms, but otherwise function in the same way.
In Spirit Tracks, Safe Zones can be found in both the Tower of Spirits and the Lost at Sea Station. When Zelda possesses a Phantom, she is capable of walking over these spaces, even though regular Phantoms cannot cross natural Safe Zones.
- ↑ "That's right! Those purple tiles on the floor are safe zones! This temple's curse makes it a dangerous place. But it's not all bad... Those safe zones remain as places that evil can't get to." — Oshus, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "The area that you are standing on is called a safe zone! Only Link can enter safe zones. Magic keeps the Phantoms out of them! Phantoms can't see Link when he's in a safe zone, so you can trick them. And remember, if a red or blue ? is placed on a safe zone, it will turn yellow. Next, I'll explain the top screen!" — Ciela, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "Yes, it's me, my dear. Listen... The area you are in now is a safe zone, one that is protected by the spirits. As long as you are in a safe zone, you are hidden from enemy view. Furthermore, enemies cannot enter safe zones. Make good use of safe zones to hide from the Phantoms. Now, you have no time to waste. You must go find that rail map." — Anjean, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Red pots can be taken to the floor below... But safe zones that you've created will disappear when you change floors..." — Fallen Adventurer, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "By safe zone... Do you mean those purple spaces on the ground? Oh, yeah! The sand stopped moving in the hourglass when we were in one." — Ciela, Phantom Hourglass.