Rotana is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Breath of the Wild
Rotana is a Gerudo archaeologist and researcher who spends her entire day at her home in Gerudo Town, reading books from her library. She is researching the Seven Heroines, which are large statues located at the East Gerudo Ruins, near the entrance to the Gerudo Desert
The Seven Heroines
- Main article: The Seven Heroines
When Link first meets Rotana, she is deep within her studies. She thinks that her meeting with Link is no coincidence, but rather, fate. She will agree to tell Link about the details of her research.
She describes the temple that is at the east entrance of the Gerudo Desert, which is dedicated to the seven giant statues of the heroines. At this temple, she discovered the ancient scripture that read, "When the symbols of the seven find their place, the blessed path will be revealed." She is trying to decipher the rest of the text, but has also found that the heroines held powers, with each heroine having a different power: skill, spirit, endurance, knowledge, flight, motion, and gentleness. Unfortunately, the Divine Beast Vah Naboris has created a hindrance, causing sandstorms and preventing Rotana from visiting the temple to do further research.
After traveling to the East Gerudo Ruins, Link can complete the shrine quest by placing the seven orbs in their proper slots. This will cause Korsh O'hu Shrine to appear, completing the quest. If Link returns to Rotana, she mentions seeing the shrine the last time she visited the ruins. She thinks its a trial given by the heroines and is excited about completing it.
- In Breath of the Wild, Rotana is a prime example of the innate fitness of the Gerudo, as she is not a physically active individual, all while being tremendously fit regardless.
- Albeit Rotana is ultimately excited about completing the trial of the Korsh O'hu Shrine sometime soon, ironically, Link has already completed the trial by that point, as entrance to the Shrine itself contains no trial. That is, provided that she can enter it in the first place, as it may require the Sheikah Slate.
- ↑ The temple with the giant statues is near the entrance to Gerudo Desert, but the sandstorm presents a problem. And that Divine Beast isn't in the most welcoming mood. Approaching the temple will be difficult. - Rotana
- ↑ I wish my sister was more like you. If she'd take more interest in my research, she might learn something useful. Instead she spends her time obsessing over Lady Urbosa. She won't even give me the time of day. - Rotana
- ↑ It was over there the whole time? I thought it strange that the sandstorm over there never lifted... Mmm... Huh? And what is a Hylian vai like yourself doing here? - Rotana
- ↑ I'm an archaeologist...of sorts. I was just poring over some ancient text that I discovered the other day... And I've finally decoded it! Well...part of it, at least. ...But the rest is not far off. With this discovery, I'll finally be able to make a name for myself as an archaeologist! OF COURSE! You and I meeting here is no coincidence. I've never been one to question fate. I can't explain why...but I trust you for some reason. I'll tell you the details of my research if you can keep a secret. - Rotana
- ↑ There's a temple east of here near the entrance to the Gerudo Desert. It's dedicated to the seven giant statues of the heroines, said to be the divine protectors of the Gerudo. It was at this temple that I originally discovered the ancient scripture. It reads: "When the symbols of the seven find their place, the blessed path will be revealed." ...That's all I've been able to decipher so far. It's believed that people once came from around the world in search of the heroines' blessing. But as far as I can tell, it doesn't appear that anyone has found it yet... - Rotana
- ↑ "When the symbols of the seven find their place, the blessed path will be revealed." Well, we know the place it's referring to. Just need to finish deciphering the full text now. - Rotana
- ↑ I'm not sure what exactly it means, but maybe I'll find out once I've deciphered more of the text. I'm not sure if this is related, but it's said the heroines held powers that were part of a bigger whole. Each heroine had a different power: skill, spirit, endurance, knowledge, flight, motion, and gentleness. But they all look the same to me. I should understand the entire script before long, but that's only the beginning of my problems. That Divine Beast has been moving around the area, making it harder for me to conduct my research. That thing has no respect for academia! - Rotana
- ↑ Sav'saaba. Earlier, when I went to investigate the temple, I saw a shrine that wasn't previously there... A new shrine. That can only mean one thing. This must be a trial given to me by the seven heroines! When I beat it, I'll be the star of the archaeological society! Oh, I'm so excited! - Rotana