If Link talks to Mrs. Marie in her School of Joy, she tells him about a group of roguish boys called the "Killer Bees". Mrs. Marie asks Link to talk some sense into them since they never go to school. If Link talks to the Killer Bees, they ask him to play "Hide-and-Seek" with them. If Link manages to catch them all, they will stop being bad boys. Once Link catches them all and talks to Mrs. Marie afterwards, she gives Link 20 Rupees. This introduces the Joy Pendant side quest to Link.
- It is likely that the Killer Bees are based on the Bombers Secret Society of Justice from Majora's Mask. The Hide-And-Seek game that the Killer Bees play with Link is very reminiscent of the Bombers' game Link has to play in order to receive the Bombers' secret code.
- Similar characters to the Killer Bees appear in The Minish Cap as students at Funday School. They seem to share no relation to the Killer Bees other than their individual names, and appearance.
- ↑ "Windfall's Gang of Boys, The Killer Bees Birthplace: Windfall Island Main Objective: Raising trouble This small gang of four calls itself the Killer Bees. Starting from the left, the members are: The leader, Ivan: A very talented and reliable leader. Leave all tree climbing to him. Jin, the fox: Ivan's quick-witted adviser. His wry insults can be hard to take. Jan, the blue-hair: Uses his innocent looks to avert trouble. He's the Killer Bee's thug. The pig-nosed, Jun-Roberto: Secretly aims to be the next gang leader. He was raised in a bourgeois family and has developed into a terrible little tyrant. When these four are together, they fear absolutely nothing!" — Figurine Description, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "But I do have a rather joyless problem... There's this delinquent gang of four young boys who never listen to a word I say. Even though I wait patiently for those boys to show up, they never come. It's as if they don't want joy in their hearts! Could you please catch their leader, that little boy named Ivan, and talk some sense into him for me?" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Don't tell me it's that annoyin' hag of a teacher again... Is it? You came here to give us a talkin'-to 'cause Mrs. Marie asked you to, right? Tell us not to skip school, right, bud? Tell us not to be "tardy", right, bud?" — Ivan, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Well, forget about all that! We're the mighty and invincible gang of four_the Killer Bees! Do you think we'd listen to a chump like you?!" — Ivan, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "But...I'll tell you what, bud! If you wanna challenge us to a competition, then we'll think about maybe listenin' a little bit!" — Ivan, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "OK! Your funeral, bud! The rules are simple! We're gonna go hide somewhere, and if you find us, we're gonna run! You gotta try to catch us. Easy as that, bud! We won't hide indoors or nothin', and we won't leave this island, so look for us around in the shadows and behind buildings and stuff." — Ivan, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! I can't believe it. You found all four of us... and you caught us all, too! Talk about utter defeat!" — Ivan, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Looks like we lost our touch, Killer Bees. I guess maybe it's time we chilled out. From now on, we won't cause no more trouble for anyone..." — Ivan, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Yeah, but Teach' loves jewelry and junk more than anythin' else in the world! What's she into these days? What'd she call 'em? Joy Pendants?" — Killer Bees, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, you're the fine young gentleman who gave me a Joy Pendant present! How could I forget? How many did you give me again? [?]? My, but wasn't that nice! So! What can I do for you, young man? Talk to me Nothing" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.