Keibunsha The Legend of Zelda Handbook
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Legend of Zelda Handbook
- This book reads from back to front, and right to left. It contains vertical Japanese text.
- Primarily a guide for A Link to the Past, this guide also has brief sections for The Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link.
- The first 47 pages are in color, with the remaining being in black and white.
- The guide is in a very strange order. It's more of a combination of tips, tricks, appendices, and strategies, as oppose to the standard linear strategy guide.
- There is some official artwork from the first three Zelda titles.
- The guide starts with Skull Woods, as if it was part II of another strategy guide. In just over 10 pages it quickly covers all the way through Ganon's Tower and the battle with Agahnim.
- The guide then covers an appendix of all of Link's weapons and some of his abilities in A Link to the Past, with plenty of official artwork.
- There is then a few pages comparing the first three Zelda titles, showcasing some of the differences.
- The guide then has a few pages of some miscellaneous tips and tricks in A Link to the Past.
- There is then a few pages dedicated to a very brief character appendix from A Link to the Past.
- Strangely, there is a second item appendix, this one only having sprite images and descriptions with no official artwork.
- There is then a very brief guide taking Link through the three Light World dungeons, Hyrule Castle, and then it covers the Dark World dungeons a second time. However, the Desert Palace is missing from this portion of the guide.
- A boss guide appendix and a pieces of heart appendix follows the guide.
- There is then a 17-page comic in the middle of the guide.
- There is then 21 pages that are in a logical order, covering a full guide of the original Legend of Zelda. Although the final dungeon is only briefly mentioned.
- 18 pages follow with a guide for the Adventure of Link. Although the final dungeon is only briefly mentioned.
- The guide concludes with 4 pages of miscellaneous secrets from all three Legend of Zelda titles.