Guy is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Guy is a Rito from Rito Village who has traveled to the Kara Kara Bazaar. He left Rito Village to explore the world, trying to earn some money. However, the heat of the desert has caused him to rest at the Kara Kara Bazaar and he doesn't have the will power to move onward, so he has just stayed there.
An Ice Guy
- Main article: An Ice Guy
When Link first talks to Guy, he will mention that it's just so hot that he doesn't have the motivation to go anywhere. He talks about an elixir that can help with the heat, which uses a combination of inspects with cooling effects and monsters parts. He points Link towards the colder parts of the Gerudo Highlands as a place where Link can find these insects. This will begin the An Ice Guy quest.
Link will need to find a Cold Darner or Winterwing Butterfly and cook it with a monster part, such as a Bokoblin Horn. Link can purchase a Cold Darner from Maypin, the traveling merchant near the Gerudo Canyon Stable. After cooking the darner with a monster part, Link will make a Chilly Elixir. He can then give it to Guy, who is delighted and will thank Link be giving him a Purple Rupee. Despite having the elixir, Guy will still remain at the Kara Kara Oasis, claiming he'll be leaving soon.
- ↑ Hello there... But before I say any more... Have we...met before? I came here from Rito Village... - Guy
- ↑ I never knew the desert in the middle of the day could get so darned hot. I guess you can't really understand something until you've experience it for yourself, huh... - Guy
- ↑ Yes, Rito Village... Far to the north of here... It's a modest village on the Tabantha Frontier... I had a great plan, you know. I left Rito Village to try to earn some money out in the world... But it's so incredibly hot here during the day. It's been tough to work up the will to go any farther. I would like to see what Gerudo Town looks like, even if I can't go inside... It's just so hot... I heard there's an elixir that can help beat the heat. It's made from insects with cooling effects and monsters parts. But they don't seem to be selling the elixir anywhere... I've heard insects with these cooling effects live in cold parts of the Gerudo Highlands, but... Well, the monsters there are rough, to say the least, so I'm not having a lot of success getting myself motivated... - Guy
- ↑ Hello there... Oh? Could it be? - Guy
- ↑ Thank you! Now I can get across the desert while it's still light out! Here, let me give you something in return. - Guy
- ↑ By the way, in Gerudo, "thank you" is "sarqso." SARQSO! - Guy
- ↑ With the elixir, I can go as soon as I want, but...there's no rush, really. I think I'll leave tomorrow. - Guy