Beedle's Insect Cage
After Strich opens Bug Heaven, Link can sleep in Beedle's Air Shop to end up on Beedle's Island at night to begin the sidequest. Beedle explains that he is depressed because his Horned Colossus Beetle has gone missing and asks Link to help him find it.
Link finds the missing bug and cage at Bug Rock, where the Bug Heaven mini-game is found. Strich tells Link how happy he is that he found a Horned Colossus Beetle. When Link informs Strich that it actually belongs to Beedle, Strich is reluctant to give the bug up. He claims that it boosts his credibility as a bug collector. Instead, Strich offers to relinquish the cage to Link if he can complete the Bug Heaven challenge in less than three minutes. If Link manages to do so, Strich admits that he is a skilled bug catcher and he returns the insect cage. He also tells Link to apologize to Beedle for him.
- ↑ "But I would be remiss if I didn't let you know of the weight on my heart...
My precious Horned Colossus Beetle has gone missing, along with his cage...
It's a tragedy that shatters a man to the core... 'Twas such a rare insect and so very...friendly to boot.
- I'll find it! :Don't worry." — Beedle, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Ahh, your face cries out in earnest wonder, and that cry is "What's this?!" This, my dear bug, is a very rare insect called a Horned Colossus Beetle. He is my most precious possession. I could gaze at him all night..." — Beedle, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "My precious Horned Colossus Beetle... ...Please go and find him with all haste. He abides out there, somewhere, all alone in the wild. I beg of you!" — Beedle, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Heh heh heh heh. Well well, it's [Link]! How's life?
Oh, you think I look happy? Heh heh... Well, I guess I can't help it.
I mean, I did discover an insanely rare insect, after all.
- Tell me! :Who cares?" — Strich, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "You want to know more, huh? Well... Let's just say I managed to land a legendary Horned Colossus Beetle. It's pretty much a miracle that I found it! I can't stop laughing or smiling. I'm so happy, my face hurts!" — Strich, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "What?! You're saying this is Beedle's pet bug?! The same Beedle who flies around in that shack selling his junk?
- Give it back! :Poor Beedle..." — Strich, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "So you really think a sob story like that is going to work on me? What a joke. I found this bug, and it's all mine!" — Strich, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Do you have any idea how much this bug is worth? With this bad boy in my collection, my credibility in the bug-catching community will skyrocket! I'll be a bug-catching celebrity!" — Strich, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "...I suppose it would be kind of mean to keep someone's favorite pet bug.
But at the same time, I don't feel so bad that I'm just going to give it right back...
How about this?
If you can pull off a time in my game that makes even me admit you are the master of bug catching, I'll give this little guy back. So, what's it going to be? Are you up for the challenge?
- You're on! :Not now." — Strich, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Phew... Sorry, but I won't be able to give the Horned Colossus Beetle back! Not with that kind of time. At the very least, you're going to have to finish in less than three minutes... Come on! Let's see some hustle!" — Strich, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "OK, you're done! Heh heh heh... Who would have thought it would be so easy for you to break the record time!" — Strich, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "OK, OK... As I promised, here's the Horned Colossus Beetle. I have to admit, you're a pretty tough competitor. I guess I won't be able to bug you anymore. Heh heh heh..." — Strich, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Make sure to tell Beedle that, bug lover to bug lover, I feel sort of bad for causing him so much stress." — Strich, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "You found him! My dear bug, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Next time you enter my shop, I demand you take any one of my items for half off the listed price! It's just my way of saying thank you!" — Beedle, Skyward Sword.