We're glad that you signed up so that you can edit, build, and shape the Zelda Dungeon Wiki! Before you start editing, why don't you check out some of these useful links and read these basic rules?
- Edit your settings. Make sure you have set up your settings to make the wiki work the way you want it. We have a bunch of customizations that we have spent time creating, and we hope that you utilize them to the fullest.
- Please treat all members with respect. We don't want to have to ban someone because there is an issue between our users.
- Use wikicode and link templates when making edits to properly format pages. Use templates often to save on coding everything.
- If you have some questions, instead of sitting around doing nothing, ask our administration team. They won't bite.
- Head to our help page to find some links to helpful pages that will teach you how to do many things on the wiki.
- Read the FAQ to find the answers to a few common questions.
- Please use proper grammar and strive for good edits.
- Always sign talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will automatically sign the page with your username and date.
- Use talk pages to talk about edits on pages. Do not participate in editing wars (i.e. editing a page over and over again to make the page what you think it should be rather than what another member thinks) as they are counter productive and will not solve the problem. Use the talk pages like they were meant to be used.
We hope that you enjoy your time here on the Zelda Dungeon Wiki and that you will help us make lots of really good edits. Keep in mind that the administration team will be watching for quality editors to bring them on to our site staff.
Do you have any initial questions? Feel free to ask on one of our staff talk pages.
Thanks again for joining! Can't wait to see you around!
Thortok2000, I came across seed 826, which may be misplaced, though I don't know precisely where. I couldn't find it at the designated location and the link takes you to Hebra Plunge, which isn't there. Alshain (talk) 06:35, March 20, 2017 (UTC)
I wasn't using the official guide I have over 300 seeds already and was experimenting with Hetsu, though the guide might say differently not sure. As for the amount I was just saying how there were three on the river page instead of two, didn't mean any offense. Also, sorry the ones I just added I didn't think to link the picture like normal. When I add more tomorrow I'll do that to make it easier.
- 1 Reply to Removing Seeds
- 2 Interactive map items cannot be marked as "completed"
- 3 Map grid?
- 4 Re: Objective Markers
- 5 Re: Shrine Locations/Nearby Section
- 6 Map does not work
- 7 Chest in Gerudo Highlands
- 8 Responding to feedback on Korok pictures
- 9 Suggestion regarding day/night korok pictures
- 10 Wrong location for Seed 084
- 11 Uploading map completion data doesn't work
Reply to Removing Seeds
You asked about seed 067 and the reason I moved it from Hylia River to Boneyard Bridge was because the bridge is the landmark the seed is linked to on the interactive map. I am not sure how to update the seeds file because I'm not sure where that is. The code for the seed is on the Boneyard Bridge landmarks page as well though. Misstapkat(talk)
You're totally right! That seed was a similar problem to the one on boneyard bridge, but the number for the one I was thinking of is Seed 732. My apologies! (talk)
Yeah that's pretty much what happened. I thought I was moving the seed from Hylia River to Boneyard Bridge to correct its location, but I had the numbers mixed up since the way you get both seeds is exactly the same. 067 is on the Hylia page again though, so the problem should be fixed. I've also updated the Boneyard Bridge seed with the correct number. It just needs a picture for it now. -Misstapkat(talk)
Interactive map items cannot be marked as "completed"
There are several SideQuests that cannot be flagged as "completed". The tick is there, but it doesn't change when you click on it. For instance: - By Firefly's Light - Koko's Kitchen - Koko's Specialty
Hello Thortok2000, thank you so much for the map, it's really really helpful.
I came here just to suggest if a grid con the map can be done? This could be helpful for the korok seeds search, looking for them by grid area would be much easier for many of us.
Thanks again for listening to us and our requests.
Re: Objective Markers
Hi! Thanks for the head's up about the spaces, and my apologies on the objective markers. I should have caught what you were doing there! I'll poke back through the quests I worked on and un-do that (if you haven't already) so you don't have to. SomethingElse (talk) 00:45, April 27, 2017 (UTC)
Re: Shrine Locations/Nearby Section
Hello again! Thank you for the information about the Nearby sections. I had noticed that they were tied to the map, but didn't realize it was automatically generated like that. I will be sure to leave those alone in the future.
In regard to that, how should one handle a page like Gerudo Desert, which is a parent to all the smaller sections? Would it be preferable to list all relevant information or just link out to the section pages with notes on what is in each section?
Also, I'll be more considerate with where I put the location information for the shrines, but it's important information to have in text format simply because, as amazing and useful as the interactive map is, relying solely on it alienates users who cannot use the map for a variety of reasons. For instance, not everyone is going to have the technological capability to load or interact with the map and some users may have disabilities that make using it difficult (such as cognitive disabilities or sensory issues). I know accessibility is not something the average user will think about, but it's an important issue (and one I'm personally passionate about), so I try to look at things from that perspective.
Map does not work
The map no longer works. Whenever I go to it, the page constantly reloads. It happens on all my devices, and it worked before on all of them. This map was really useful because unlike the other ones, it showed pictures of all the Korok locations instead of just a stamp, which is why I preferred it to other interactive maps. Please help! IceBlueLugia (talk) 14:57, June 4, 2017 (UTC)
- I'll forward this on to the person coding the map; he did say some redirects might occur as they move to a different server, but it shouldn't be stuck in an infinite redirect loop. Map works for me. Try holding control when you refresh. Last ditch option would be to delete your cookies for the site, but that will reset anything you've marked as completed. Thortok2000 (talk) 13:01, June 5, 2017 (UTC)
Chest in Gerudo Highlands
Hey! I'm new so I'm not sure if this is the right route to take, but I wanted to let you know there's a chest in Gerudo Highlands that says there's a Forest Dweller's Sword inside. It's actually a Forest Dweller's Spear (Lat: 0.9504, Lng: 0.4376). I love the map, it's super useful! Keep up the good work. (:
Responding to feedback on Korok pictures
In case my reply on my talk page didn't give you a notification, because I'm still not fully sure how to utilize the talk pages haha...
Just to respond to your points
- 1 The only reason I started doing the ###_2 numbering was because the wiki was not responding to a new version of an uploaded picture. No matter how many times I refreshed the page the new picture didn't take. If there is a way to fix or go around that issues, I'd gladly hear it! That was just the easiest way I could think of to solve the problem, but if there's a better way I'm all ears.
- 2 I finally figured out how to make boxes and lines in my picture editing app, so I've been trying to avoid using the magnesis as much to show where a box is.
- 3 For adding those pictures, do you just add another box on the main description page?
- 4 I've been trying to only upload pictures that I thought were an improvement rather than just the same picture. For pictures that were similar, my goal was probably to add a little more landscape. Were there any ones in particular that you thought were not an improvement, so I know what you're looking for in the future?
Thanks for the feedback though! It's been fun adding pictures to this page, since it's been a while since I've done so. I looked at some of my original pictures from back in March and had the "what was I doing?!" thought a few times with the quality or framing. Misstapkat (talk) 01:05, July 29, 2017 (UTC)
- Just got your notes on my page. And that makes sense about the chests. I had added them in there since the pieces I got from chests matched those from other walkthroughs (like Polygon or IGN), other than the special perks (i.e. I might've gotten a Long Throw royal claymore, but the walkthrough said Durability royal claymore). And I will use that outfit for future pictures! Thanks for the heads up! Misstapkat (talk) 21:18, August 3, 2017 (UTC)
Suggestion regarding day/night korok pictures
So I was thinking more about your feedback about how a daytime non-bonus picture would replace a night time bonus one, and I disagree with that hierarchy. I think whichever time of day best shows the Korok should be allowed. For example, it's a lot easier to see the moving fairy light Koroks in the evening because they don't get bleached out by the sun. With one of the "dive in the lily ring" koroks (Korok 277), the picture I tried to take in the daytime was terrible, and I could not figure out how the original was so clear until I waited until evening and the haze cleared. However, as I've been taking more pictures to add I've been trying to keep them in the daytime as much as possible (although some are day time with clouds which is why they're a little darker). It's just something to consider with the guidelines if you decide to alter them again. Misstapkat (talk) 23:35, August 16, 2017 (UTC)
Wrong location for Seed 084
The white line for the path is correct, but the marker for the seed on the map is at the start location for the flower trail, not the finish.
Uploading map completion data doesn't work
Thanks for helping maintain the map, it's a very helpful resource! I finally decided to create an account to sync my completion data only to find out the feature doesn't currently work. Checking the browser console it tries to make a POST request to the following URL that results in a 404 error: https://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/api.php?format=json&action=map_setcompletion&map=botw&markers=
Please let me know if there's any other information that might be helpful.
Hi, thank you for this report. Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the 404 error. Before going further I recommend backing up your local completion data from Local Storage. In Chrome this is in F12 tools under Application -> Storage -> Local Storage -> zeldadungeon.net -> copy the value from "maps-botw-completion". In the url you provided, was there a value after "markers="? I'd expect that to not be empty. Also are you able to navigate to https://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/api.php in your browser? << Locke >> 17:56, July 30, 2020 (UTC)