|This article is a stub. You can help the Zelda Dungeon Wiki by.|
"Welcome to the Octoball Derby! Hit a crab to reset the pots. If you hit three pots in a row, a bird will fly across the field. Get at least 100 Rupees to earn a healthy prize!"
Octoball Derby is a mini-game featured in A Link Between Worlds. It is one of many available in the game. It is basically a game of baseball, as Link uses any of his Rod items to hit incoming pitches, as long as they are equipped to the X Button. If Link does not have any of Ravio's Rod items, he is given a stick.
The Octoball Derby is located in Lorule south of the Blacksmith's house and southeast of Thieves' Town. There are three characters located in the immediate area: the Derby Boy, who is the presumed owner of the game; Octo, a friendly octorok who is the pitcher for the game; and the Derby Girl, who when talked to gives Link hints at how to play.
The main objective of the game is to score as many Rupees as possible, using only 30 pitches. During the game, the player can adjust Link's pose by moving the Circle Pad up or down. Each pose results in the ball being hit to different distances. In the up stance, Link is going to hit groundballs. In the down stance, Link is going to hit flyballs. If Link remains in his normal stance, he hits line drives. Rupees are earned by breaking pots in the field with the ball. Normal pots are worth one Rupee, while a special gold pot is worth five Rupees. If Link is able to hit three pots consecutively, a bird will fly by the field. If Link is able to hit the bird, he gets 20 Rupees added to his score. Also, on each side of the field there is a crab. If Link hits this crab, the pots reset, allowing more opportunity for points.
- ↑ "Move the Circle Pad up and down to change your batting stance." — Derby Girl, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Your distance depends on your stance!" — Derby Girl, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "If you hit three pots in a row, you'll see a bird cross the field." — Derby Girl, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Hit [the bird] for an extra 20 Rupees, kid!" — Derby Girl, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Here's a pro tip, kid: the pots reset if you hit one of the crabs." — Derby Girl, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Hey there, slugger! Welcome back to the Octoball Derby. It's 50 Rupees per game." — Derby Boy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Aim to score 100 Rupees or more at Octoball Derby. You'll get a piece of heart if you manage that!" — Hint Ghost, A Link Between Worlds