Breath of the Wild
The Eye of the Sandstorm
- Main article: The Eye of the Sandstorm
When Link first talks with Nobiro, Nobiro tells Link that there is a rumor that an ancient civilization hid a treasure inside the sandstorm. He is waiting for the sandstorm to subside, but even after staring in the direction during the daytime, the storm never does subside. It turns out that the storm subsides only at nighttime, after Nobiro has fallen asleep.
Link can head to the area where he'll find the Dako Tah Shrine hidden within the Great Cliffs. This will complete the shrine quest.
After completing the shrine, the sandstorm will subside. Link can return to Nobiro, who is excited to see that the sandstorm has stopped.
Tears of the Kingdom
Nobiro can be found just inside of Hyrule Castle within the Observation Room, staring down a long passage deeper inside. He was asked to guard the castle from thieves, since there is still a lot of treasure and weapons inside. He is a bit lost and thinks of the castle as a maze. While he is standing guard, he will allow Link to pass, since Link knows his way through the castle already.
- ↑ That sandstorm... They say it stops for a few hours a day, but it hasn't let up even a little since I've been watching. Rumor has it an ancient civilization hid a treasure inside that sandstorm. I've been here for days waiting for the storm to settle down so I can nab it! I just hope it wasn't a bad lead... - Nobiro
- ↑ Wait, who did you say you are again? - Nobiro
- ↑ A treasure hidden inside a sandstorm by an ancient civilization... The makings of a fine adventure for sure. They say the sandstorm lets up for a few hours each day, but I haven't seen it settle down for even an instant. I've had my eyes glued to it all this time. Except for when I've fallen asleep. - Nobiro
- ↑ The sandstorm stopped! - Nobiro
- ↑ "So this is the inside of Hyrule Castle... It's practically a maze. Hm? Oh, Link, right? Sorry about that, I didn't see you there. I'm Nobiro. There's still a bunch of valuable treasure and weapons inside the castle, so they asked me to guard the place from thieves. But I'm a little lost... Oh, but don't you worry about me! Go right ahead. I mean, you are from the castle after all, so...yeah!" — Nobiro, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "I'm standing guard to keep any thieves from stealing the valuable treasure and weapons inside the castle. Trust me, I've got this handled. You don't need to worry about a thing! Oh, but since you're from the castle, you're more than welcome to go inside. Just be careful. I've heard that there are monsters running around in there..." — Nobiro, Tears of the Kingdom