Tears of the Kingdom
When Link is nearby, he calls him over, saying that he has been waiting for him. Kazul recently discovered the Thyphlo Ruins, but it's such a big project that he wrote to the Zonai Survey Team, asking for an assistant. Shortly after he sent the letter, Link arrived. After Link tells him he's not part of the survey team, he mentions that he hasn't quite made any notable discoveries yet, so for the time being, he can continue to investigate alone.
Investigate the Thyphlo Ruins
- Main article: Investigate the Thyphlo Ruins
After Link has completed one of the Regional Phenomena, he can return to the Skyview Tower at Thyphlo Ruins. Kazul has setup camp just southeast of the tower, still waiting for an assistant to arrive to help with his research. He begins to mumble to himself, but Link can hear what he had to say. He mentions needing help with monolith research, but quickly tells Link to scrub that from his memory. He can only tell this kind of information to members of the Zonai Survey Team. Although after thinking it over, he feels that Link does look like an adventurer who can help and he decides to hire him as a research assistant. Kazul will then show the tablet he has discovered, which begins the Investigate the Thyphlo Ruins quest.
The Owl Protected by Dragons
- Main article: The Owl Protected by Dragons
After completing the Wind Temple and awakening Tulin as the Sage of Wind, return to the Thyphlo Ruins and speak with Kazul. After reading the tablet, Kazul will mention that the text here is written in Hyrulean. Kazul wants Link to find the location that is referenced in the text. The text reads, "Display the power of the Sage of Wind to the owl protected by many dragons." This will begin The Owl Protected by Dragons quest.
South of the Skyview Tower is a large owl statue. Link can stand on the square pedestal and use Tulin to blow a gust of wind at the statue. This will cause the platform to rise. Open the chest that contains three Saphire gems to complete the quest. Link can return to Kazul to give him the news that he found it. Kazul well mention that he'll go and take a look at it shortly. If Link has no other sages with him, this will be the end of the work for him for now. Kazul suggests Link check back as he is sure to find another monolith.
- ↑ "Hello, my brother in research! I was waiting for you!" — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "That's right! I'm the one who discovered these big ruins way out here. But I wasn't able to make much progress investigating them. I'm only one Hylian, and this, alas, is not a one-Hylian job. That's why I wrote to the Zonai Survey Team asking them to dispatch a researcher to assist me. And here you are, practically right after I sent my letter! Great response time!" — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "...What? You're not a Zonai Survey Team researcher? You're just some guy? I see... So few people come through here, I assumed you had to be the assistant I asked for. My mistake." — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "Well, I haven't made any particularly notable discoveries as of yet, so I can investigate alone until I do. But I'm certain that I'm on the brink of brilliance! Come back soon so you don't miss history being made." — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "After all the trouble I've gone to... Can't they send one assistant to help with my monolith research?" — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "Oops. Did you hear that? Sorry. Scrub that from your brain. It's not meant to be public knowledge. If you were from the Zonai Survey Team, I could tell you all about what I've discovered so far. But you're not, so..." — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "Hmmm. I appreciate the offer, but that's really not allowed. Then again... Though he may not be a researcher, he does have the look of an adventurer about him. Maybe his expertise will get things back on track. You know what? You're hired! For this project alone, I'm appointing you as my research assistant! Come on! Let's find out what secrets these ruins are hiding!" — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "Well then, we can dive right in. I'll start by showing you what my research has uncovered so far. Wait there. Oof! Take a look! I think you'll be pretty surprised by this discovery!" — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "Eh? Eh? Aren't you surprised?" — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "Right? Riiight? The Zonai were an ancient civilization with their own system of writing. Almost no one living today can read Zonai script. But you can read the inscription on that monolith, right? That's because it's written in Hyrulean. Though these ruins appear to be Zonai in origin, they feature text written in modern Hyrulean. How could that be? Who built these ruins and for what purpose? This is just a possibility, but the monolights that were found might be pointing to a spot somewhere in the ruins. You and me, we're going to get to the bottom of this. I need you to find that spot. There, we may find yet another monolith that tells us why these ruins were built... It's just a hunch, but it's also your boss's hunch. So..." — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "You found it? The place the monolith was talking about?" — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "So that's where it was! Excellent work! I'll go and take a look shortly. Hmm. It seems there's nothing more you can help me with for now. I'll investigate alone for a while. Just check back in when I inevitably make a new discovery. I'm counting on you!" — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ "I'm still searching the ruins, just in case there are more monolights to be found. I'm a little low on assistant-requiring work right now, but keep checking back in case I find any more monoliths!" — Kazul, Tears of the Kingdom