Blynne is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Blynne can be found walking around just outside of the Highland Stable. He is fascinated with Horses and has created an obstacle course that circles around the Haran Lake, just to the west of the stable. Blynne will spend most of the day patrolling just outside of the stable, or sitting down by the Cooking Pot. When it is raining, he will take shelter within the stable and will not want to run the obstacle course at that time.
Horseback Obstacle Course
- Main article: Horseback Obstacle Course
Speak with Blynne while riding a horse and he'll challenge you to a race around the obstacle course. Blynne will give Link some tips on how to smoothly navigate the Horseback Obstacle Course. The trick is not to try and ride as fast as you can, but rather, keep control of your horse.
If Link chooses to challenge Blynne, it will cost him 20 Rupees. The rules of the Horseback Obstacle Course are simple. There are 10 obstacles that Link will need to jump over while on his horse. He can navigate around the lake clockwise or counterclockwise, but he must jump over all 10 obstacles. After jumping over the 10th obstacle, Link then needs to ride back to the stable to cross the finish line.
Blynne initially gives Link the task of finishing in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds. Finishing in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds will give Link the Extravagant Bridle. If Link then races again and finishes within 1 minute and 15 seconds, Link will then get the Extravagant Saddle.
After beating his time, Blynne will feel a bit down on himself, but promises to someday be back on top.
- ↑ I'm in no mood to run the course when its raining. If you want to beat my time, come back when the sun's out. - Blynne
- ↑ You a nomad? S'pose you've already seen the horses 'round this prairie, then. I grew up taming horses 'round these parts. I'm confident there's not a rider in Hyrule better'n me. And I got just the way to prove it-a li'l game to test which fella's better in the saddle. One I almost never lose. What do you think? You got the grit to step up and challenge the master? - Blynne
- ↑ It's an obstacle course, but on horseback! There are 10 obstacles to navigate. Best time wins. If you're not an ace in the saddle when the game starts, I guarantee you'll be one by the time it's through! The difficult part about this is the fact that you can't just try to recklessly ride as fast as you can. In order to clear the obstacles on the path, you have to be able to control your horse very well. If you can beat my personal best time, I'll give you some mighty find horse gear. - Blynne
- ↑ Great! There's just the little matter of the entry fee. That'll be 20 rupees. - Blynne
- ↑ Ride your horse around this grass field while jumping the obstacles. There are 10 obstacles, all told. You don't get to cross the finish line 'tile you've jumped them all. When you clear the last one, ride back here. Simple, right? Don't dismount your horse, or you're out of the running. Not that you need telling, right? The difficult part about this is the fact that you can't just try to recklessly ride as fast as you can. In order to clear the obstacles on the path, you have to be able to control your horse very well. If you can beat my personal best time, I'll give you some mighty find horse gear. - Blynne
- ↑ Why don't you aim for 1 minute 30 seconds first? My best time's 1 minute 15 seconds. Think you can beat that? - Blynne
- ↑ Your time was __:__.__, huh... Now that's a good run! You get better every time you ride! Here's that horse gear I promised you. Keep at it, and maybe someday you'll be on my level! - Blynne
- ↑ Your time was __:__.__, huh... Holy smoke, would you look at that? Never thought I'd see the day... But a man's gotta abide by his word, so here's that horse gear I promised. - Blynne
- ↑ I'll admit-I'm feeling lowdown after all that. But someday I'll be back on top. You'll see! - Blynne