Posted on February 24 2018 by Rod Lloyd
Hey there, Zelda fans! With Music Week reaching its conclusion, so too does the first round of our best soundtrack tournament. We’ve had some landslides and we’ve had some competitive polls as well, so let’s break down the tournament so far and get us ready for the next round.
The tournament kicked off with the obligatory Zelda side game poll. As I said in that post, the bracket necessitated 20 participants, and I figured that this necessity provided a golden opportunity to highlight the many Zelda side games. The whole poll was always going to be a bit of a formality, as we all knew only a single game would come out on top. But hey, I wanted to give that one person the chance to vote for Ripened Tingle’s Balloon Trip of Love. In any case, the rest of the week was much more competitive.
We saw games from different eras go head-to-head with each other, and a few polls were very, very close. With voting still open for a little less than a week, these tight contests could end up going either way. And then there’s yesterday’s poll. We all suspected that a certain title would be popular among voters, but we couldn’t have predicted just how one-sided the fight would be. Yes, despite its poll only being open for one day, Majora’s Mask has raked in more votes than any other game this week, completely crushing poor Phantom Hourglass. It’ll be so interesting to see how well it does in Round 2.
Here are the Round 1 polls, with the soundtrack currently winning each poll in bold:
- Zelda Side Games: Hyrule Warriors. Polls close February 26th. (Vote Here)
- The Legend of Zelda Vs. Link’s Awakening. Polls close February 27th. (Vote Here)
- A Link Between Worlds Vs. Spirit Tracks. Polls close February 28th. (Vote Here)
- The Adventure of Link Vs. Oracle of Seasons. Polls close March 1st. (Vote Here)
- Majora’s Mask Vs. Phantom Hourglass. Polls close March 2nd. (Vote Here)
Be sure place your vote for each game before polls close.
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged into a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new Round 1 voting page each day, Monday through Friday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- Every Saturday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of the prior week.
- Once voting pages for all Round 1 bouts have been posted, there will be a one-week break before Round 2 begins.
See you in a week!